Fallout 76 - Multiplayer, online, BGS Austin

if you are lucky.

Yeah they’re not going to be PG about it.

A important point we will not know until very late is if they will have text chat or voice chat or proximity chat. The bits that shape the multiplayer.

Is anyone here pre-ordering to get in the beta? I’d be interested in hearing impressions if you do, assuming there’s no NDA.

These days it’s almost guaranteed the more popular Twitch streamers will be playing the betas. That’s where I plan to check it out. (although generally they’re not allowed to express an opinion about the game.)

Unless it’s positive, of course.

Hostile AI won’t spawn camp you for 9 hours straight, while chugging redbull and hurling racial slurs.

On a side note, I wonder what S.P.E.C.I.A.L. setup will be the go to for griefers… silenced sniper rifle, stealth, high crit in PvP…lol. Should be fun. I am actually really really interested to see how they handle the long standing mechanics and different builds as it relates to PvP.

Yet. We have Top Men working on that. Top. Men.

like!

Irrelevant, I’m still going to kill a hostile, human or AI.

It’s completely relevant. AI is dumb, people are smart. People will also go out of their way to grief you. People will team up for no other purpose than to disrupt, destroy, and harass. This is going to be x10 in this game, as the pool of people per server is so small. A group of 4 people with the intent is to disrupt other peoples play will be able to cause a lot of trouble.

/shrug. Maybe it will be awesome, and you will always be John Wayne!!

Sure. Easy. You’re right out of a vault. You have a silly jumpsuit and a Pip-Boy. The four guys waiting for you outside block your path. They all have power armor and energy weapons.

Go get 'em, killer.

Duh, of course I would run then, if possible.

But the point being discussed is whether it would be relevant as to knowing whether they were AI or human players. So how would it be relevant in this circumstance.? I’m dead either way, right? Your example doesn’t really address the issue.

This would be helpful, but I don’t consider not knowing a game breaker if it were to happen. Usually you will try to quickly size up weapons, armor, position, etc, regardless of whether it is AI or player control to determine if combat is wise or not.

Yes, people can grief. But exactly how is that relevant in deterring what to do in a potential combat situation with a hostile?

None of which is relevant to the question being discussed.

The issue isn’t awesomeness or John Wayne.

20 people on a large map. Sea of thieves gameplay.

I feel like we can go to youtube, type “the problem with sea of thieves pvp” and find a reasonable picture of the future of Fallout 76

BUT maybe they know and are tweaking the formula to avoid that.

SoT only “works” because there is no power curve. And many argue it doesn’t really work. SoT also has no changes to the world. No one can destroy your ship forever, it just magically respawns. In FO76 they can literally nuke your base off the map.

If we look to SoT as an example… it’s going to be a nightmare, because there is progression. Big progression. We’re talking “barely able to fight a molerat” compared to “can punch a Deathclaw to death and not be in any danger” levels of progression.

Note the word block. You are in the dark. You are eaten by a group.

I don’t see how this is different than the Conan Exiles PvP issues and results.

Way to major on the minor. If the above is true, then it really wouldn’t matter if the characters were AI or player controlled. So the whole example is irrelevant to the issue under discussion.