Fallout 76 - Multiplayer, online, BGS Austin

Or maybe all hands are on deck for Starfield, no time for other side projects like little ol’ Elder Scrolls. I’m going to think that until reality smacks me in the face.

Is it cool with everyone if I change the title of the thread? We know now that this isn’t Fallout 5.

Go for it. Fallout 76! That’s what it was all along!

Way back in December 2017

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DedCaRfVMAEw8Vk.jpg

So, BGS is 4-5 hype cycles behind? Survival multiplayer games are so 2015.

Where is my fallout MOBA?
Fallout FPS loot RPG?
Fallout Royale?

Fallout themed rust clone

That is such a wonderfully dismissive and yet probably accurate descriptor

Remember the town building in Fallout 4?

Now you get to do it while 13 year old boys shout homophobic and racist slurs at you!

That will definitely make things better.

Fallout online ala ESO would be amazing. Let’s hope it is that. Or maybe a castle doctrine vault building game? Multiplayer Fallout Shelter.

They remove the RPG, I care a lot less.

I can’t imagine who wouldn’t immediate think of that if they’ve been a gamer as long as we have. It was my immediate thought as well and I never even played ‘76

More on that 4chan leak:

So the 76 is a highway theme but maybe not anything to do with vehicles.

I’d kill for a 3rd person, fallout mmo…with a real big wonderful open world to get lost in

God, this sounds terrible. Online only? RIP Bethesda.

Ok CD Projeckt, you’re the king now!

The posts lately have been an emotional cliff dive for me. ::sigh::

What was this studio’s last game?

Edit: Wikipedia says they developed the multiplayer part of DOOM (2016)? That’s not a great pedigree.

It is not that. MMOs don’t just suddenly materialize, and Todd Howard hates them anyway. He famously disavowed himself and Bethesda from Elder Scrolls Online (which was made by Zenimax, not Bethesda).

Given how much money and time it takes to make an MMO ($150 million and 300+ people is just the beginning), I highly doubt we’ll see another major one any time soon.

He’s allowed to change his mind…I’m sure he doesn’t cry about the money he gets from ESO

You’re right, but this is not a Fallout MMO. If you want to stick your fingers in your ears and pretend that it might be, totally fine, but you are going to be sorely disappointed.

This is a Fallout-themed Rust clone. That’s what the dev team can produce in two years. It makes sense.

I hope it’s more than Fallout 75 with a new coat of paint.

But online only? Pfui.

Yeah, it does say “rebuild”. Survival/exploration game with a plot like Subnautica, Fallout-themed, is a safer bet than Destiny clone.

Crossover with Interstate 76?