Far Cry 5 - Hope springs eternal

Holy Crap! I was just about to buy this. Then I read about the “timed sequence”. I absolutely hate that!

Pass.

And I really liked the first 4 games.

Well this game was even shorter than FC4. I hit the credits in under 5 minutes. :)

I like when a developer respects my time.

If you know the real ending, you’ll also realize how misleading the quick ending is.

Is this game short? I am 23% complete and only played 4hrs.

I am very much enjoying Preppers Treasure puzzles , I’ve done 3 so far.

All in all so far it’s been more fun than Far Cry 4, and there seems to be a heck of a lot of fast travel available.

Primal is still special in that it really made me feel like a hunter. Far Cry 5 is making me feel like a action hero.

Also this is horrible. HORRIBLE.

LK it isn’t short. Possibly it isn’t short because of the scenes that grab you away from what is actually fun.

To be honest I was with JM on making it a top ten game of last year. But it was close to being my Top ten least favorite…

LK the best fun in that game is to relax --walk down the streets … don’t over-quest goals – run around…shoot guys…grab a few new team mates. Shoot some more guys. It is so ironic that the actual fun in that game is the laid back exploration/shooting guys and they PUSH you so hard to the silly weirdo creepo story with the guy with his shirt off that I just skip. Grrr I am starting to agree with Bal!

(I really did love this game though)

How is it that this handles better than most vehicles in game?

Also, when you have poor aim trying to take out a cult silo.

It really was an amazing juxtaposition – as much as I respected the point of what they were doing with these sequences and found the idea clever, I still hated, hated, hated being grabbed out of my open-world game and made to do stuff on their clock, not mine.

Honestly, if all of these intrusive mini-boss interludes had simply appeared on the map as missions, I think I would have forgiven a lot of what went on within them. I suppose I was that offended by having my open-world gameplay interrupted.

That’s a pretty universal reaction, which explains why they’re not doing it anymore. There was a fair amount of experimentation in FC5, some worked and some didn’t.

I’ve only been bliss bulleted twice so far, but I am finding them interesting enough and understand why they chose such a method to progress the story.

The take-you-out-of-the-game sequences sucked, no two ways about it. I didn’t find them difficult, though, just intensely annoying.

1 region down, still have Faith and Jacob’s areas untouched.

Murrica!

How are you liking it? I did get it but it may be a little while until I play it.

It’s not bad, I mean it’s FAR CRY so you have to set your standards to that level. Lots of combat in your face, and I swear my body armor just melts with 2-3 hits.

Driving is pretty crappy with kb+m, so I cheese the fast travel as much as I can.

Sadly I fear the remaining 2 regions will be more of the same, and I will probably just focus on main story stuff to get to the lackluster ending I’ve heard so much about.

I just got my 4th weapon slot, so I am happy to have a diverse set of toys to play with now. I won’t have this finished before NEW DAWN goes live, but I will finish before I start playing NEW DAWN.

You should drive with a gamepad…

Dude in the plane is the MVP of this game so far.

Really enjoyed the statue mission.

And I am liking that Prepper stashes are also giving me cool vehicles.

I was worried about more of the same as I headed to Faith’s area, but so far the missions have been quite fun!

I am pretty excited now that I’ve played more to get to see these locations again in New Dawn.

Faith’s area is cleaned up for the most part, can’t seem to find the remaining 6 property things to destroy. I’ve even flown around in a chopper for a good 20 minutes uncovering foggy areas. Damn UbiStuff! Anyways I am headed toward Jacob’s area next.

1 hr later… found the last of them. Used a chopper and followed the blood and shells trail.

I love the choppers in this game. I hate the fixed-wing planes, which I can’t fly worth crap. The helos, though, are boss.

Yeah I have the one with guns and rockets , from the Vietnam dlc, its so OP. :)

Agree. Far Cry choppers are a lot of fun and very useful. Far Cry airplanes are things to avoid.

Love climbing towers in this , wish there were more.

This was probably my worst abduction moment:

Finished up Jacob’s area other than 5 wolf towers which I am not wasting my time finding. :p

All I have left is to confront Joseph now.

Also @marquac is this true regarding Canadian bears (the apologize part)?

:D