Far Cry Primal - In prehistoric eras, they still had towers to climb

This thread is going to make me reinstall Primal to scratch the FarCry itch that went unfulfilled during my time being drugged by cultists in Montana.

@BrianRubin did you stick with it? Primal was one of my favorite backlog games this year that I finished. :D

I did until my hard drive with all my games on it died. I won’t have the space to reinstall it until I build a new rig in a couple of months. Thank goodness for cloud saves, right?

Far Cry series is on sale on Steam and Primal is 60% off, $20.

Up until now I’ve avoided Uplay even though that’s not really a big deal for me. But I do want to avoid copy protection schemes such as Denuvo. I see from the store page that Primal needs both.

Does Primal still have Denuvo copy protection active or was that disabled by a patch at some point?

Yay, I was just able to clear off enough HD space to install this. 3 hours in, 6% done, got a ways to go, can’t wait!

I TAMED A REGULAR WOLF AND A JAGUAR.

I shall tame ALL the animals so I can pet them. Everything else in the game is gravy.

I just picked this up and beat it the past week, was a great experience on normal Survival mode. Wish I would have done hard mode even, though I am not sure I would have had the patience to get going.

My one beef was the permanent pet death. What that meant was I rarely used them outside of the sabre-tooth as a motorcycle and the woolly mammoths as completely disposable tanks.

It was certainly no Horizons but two thumbs up.

Very nice @Gendal , I myself enjoyed this more than any of the Far Cry games. :)

I wonder where @BrianRubin is in the game?

Far Cry Primal is best Far Cry. Is pity they ended the series after this one.

Horizons? You mean Zero Dawn maybe? If there’s something of which Primal is a pale imitation I’d like to play it…

I almost picked this up in the last sale. How is it overall?

Its a nice change of pace from the other far cry shooters.

You might like it. :)

Thx LK I’ll see you in a minute I am sure. I have it on my wishlist. I guess you can only play a caveman in that?

Yes, Zero Dawn was what I was referencing. It was my game of the year, but it is different than Primal so depending on what you liked about Primal it may or may not scratch the same itch.

No PC version sadly…

Still early, I wasn’t able to play for a few months, but I’ve made a bit of progress on the new rig.

Yes, and the setting fits the Far Cry style of writing perfectly. It’s a much better fit than FC3 or FC4 were. Also, based on what you wrote in the FO4 thread regarding your experience on Survival I’m positive you’d enjoy FCP. But maybe wait for a sale, it was around 14 bucks during Halloween sale and will likely hit the same price during Christmas.

Yep it’s hit as low as $12.49 already. So wait. :)

https://isthereanydeal.com/game/farcryprimalstandardedition/info/

It’s a bummer but it’s definitely a must play if you get a PS4.

Man this game is sublime. I started playing it again yesterday and it feels as fresh as the first time. It’s such a good fit of Ubi writing and gameplay and the setting they chose, it makes all the side activities, hunting especially, actually meaningful. Once again I am playing on expert survival with second chance enabled and the tension that you experience when you’re trying to progress far enough to unlock another life if you already lost it is insane. It’s a shame that guns don’t fit the FC formula as well as spears and bows, if love to give the new FC games a proper shot, but after playing Primal, what’s be point?

Plus you can execute simultaneous takedowns with your tamed beast in FCP :)