Far Cry Primal - In prehistoric eras, they still had towers to climb

This is such a good game. One of my all time favorites! It does such a good job with the atmosphere and tension. I need to replay it!

Hopefully it’ll be with Ubisoft giving away games this week.

The only FC (other than 1) I haven’t played, purely because I play all of them coop with my brother and this one has no coop. :(

I can’t see them giving away the good stuff. That’s part of the value in their subscription service. I’m expecting filler from these giveaways - cosmetics and the like.

Starlink is the current giveaway, which is a hidden gem - much like Primal in my opinion!

Really? I’ve never really heard of it. Hmm…

Starlink is an E10 rated Ubisoft open world game where you fly space ships onto planets to do things plus battle religious fanatic aliens and space pirates in space. Gameplay is reminiscent of Star Fox and the Switch version has some Star Fox content included with even more as paid DLC.

QT3 thread here!

Hell yeah!

I’d love a sequel to this, actually. I have no idea how succesful it was, though.

If you play games alone at times, I totally recommend this if you like Far Cry games… Well, its quite unlike other Far Cry games, though.

I do play some open world games solo since I’m an open world fan and some of the best (e.g. Skyrim, Red Dead 2, Witcher 3, currently Ghost of Tsushima) are solo only. I may just have to try it out.

I am enjoying it despite my jaguar tribulations. Figuring out I could chuck spears at the initial mammoth was a big plus. I turned off the bow reticle but ended up turning it back on because I was tired of chasing goats and I just couldn’t at all see where my arrows were going without it, although after some time with the bow it seems like they pretty much just go straight at the center of the screen in a line? I also appreciate that things, you know, burn and you can’t just sit there with an arrow on fire indefinitely like it’s got a can of sterno strapped to the end.

It’s really excellent, you totally should give it a whirl.

I kind of bounced off this. I felt bad about killing the mammoth at the start and my heart wasn’t in it after that.

But you tell it to walk free!

Stamina kind of sucks so far because they don’t really explain it very well. There doesn’t seem to be any way to restore it (I got the green leaves but I still don’t seem to have anywhere to sleep) except by eating, but you can only eat when you’re wounded? So my guy is just groaning all the time and can’t shoot straight.

sleep to restore stamina 🙂 And regenerate a bar, I think.

Sleep where. The game hasn’t told me, and I’m actually not even sure the extremely brief statement about stamina at the beginning even told me about sleeping, I may have just found out by googling. Seems like a dick move to start you off with your stam bar 4/5ths depleted and then give you no way to recover it until who knows when.

oh - you aren’t pointed towards your bed, in the cave?? I distinctly remember being told to go to sleep in my cavebed and let it become the next day?

I don’t think I’ve gotten that far yet. I definitely was not told that.

Hmm…there is a reason I skipped this FC despite playing all the others. The prehistoric era, with its lack of detailed human interaction and modern weapon and vehicles never really appealed to me.

But I decided to try it due to the hype behind it, on survivor/expert.

3 hours in, I am not sure if I want to continue. Story barely exists (“establish a village”) and my exciting mission right now is to find stone (slate) to upgrade a hut.

I tried to kill a bear, but 4 arrows and several spear stabs later, I got killed anyway:

It looks very pretty and runs great (4K 60), but yeah…not sure I have it in me to go on.

Very pretty though! For 6 year old game

Prehistoric man used mouse and keyboard :)

I didn’t play the survival version/level and remember enjoying it fine. Hurling that meaty spear was the best bit I think.

I died to a lot of animals in this game.