Fixed unowned production points not consuming their inputs over time
Fixed reusing fertilizer effects with smaller working widths
Fixed front hubs on CLAAS Lexion 8900
Fixed slurry effects on Bomech Multi 4XL
Added missing connection hoses to John Deere 1775NT
Fixed AI starting to work while tool is not fully unfolded on Treffler TS 1520
Improved working on uneven terrain with Koeckerling Vector
Improved axle-rim alignment on Steyr 8150
Improved driving behavior of Boeckmann Big Master/Lizard Pickup 1986-combination when trailer is fully loaded
Improved lower distance to ground on levelers to reach the ground in the front with heavy weight attached on the rear hydraulics
Replaced wheels on John Deere XUV and Mahindra Retriever with new BKT tires
Various localization improvements

New additions
Added tour page to the ingame menu including the latest instructions

New vehicles and tools
Claas XERION 5000-4500
Jungheinrich ETV 216i
Salek AKP-122
Salek ANS-1900
Salek MUL-1000
Salek PN 2-300
Salek TB-100

Also, Precision Farming is out, here’s the launch trailer

Gah, patch seems to have wiped all my mod keybindings. Also, I don’t know if it’s because I have Courseplay installed, but the in-game help for Precision Farming isn’t showing up for me.

Just a heads up, lots of people are reporting issues with 1.4, especially for existing saves, but also around mod compatibility even for new saves. Might want to hold off on updating if you’re planning to continue an existing save, or failing that unload mods where you can.

Shit, I wonder if mine auto-updated off steam. I have yet to check.

FWIW, I don’t seem to be having any issues other than the bindings and maybe that Precision Farming help text. I have a bunch of scripted mods and they all seem to be working ok. But I’ve only played on my new save.

Are they tracking the issues off giants site or did you see them posted on reddit? I’ll check it first.

Reddit, the Steam forums. I imagine there’s a thread on the Giants forum too but it’s not very well frequented. At least not the English language one.

Maybe it’s just my unfamiliarity, but unfortunately this seems to be much more fiddly than the dedicated (albeit pallet-only) autoload trailer I was previously using, and seems to have the same fragility as the autoload scripts on FS19 did. I think I’m going to go back to the Strautmann for now. It’s really quite robust compared to how these mods used to work, and anyway pallets are the main thing I want to autoload.

Tutorial/testing videos for PF are starting to go up. Here are MrSealyP’s:

You can probably skip the second one to be honest, it’s mainly testing out how things affect the environmental score, but because it’s his first time through the cycle he hasn’t realised that most things don’t update the score display until after harvest, so there’s a lot of time spent with him just being puzzled. First one is a good intro though.

Holy shit, it can even pick up bales from arbitrary positions on the field. Giants really need to hire these guys.

Yeah the baling collection is worth it when it comes to courseplay. Giants does indeed need some help in that department.

Also, it’s 2022, why not have GPS and some sort of autocoursing as part of gear, even if at an added cost?

Some who has played FS17 mentioned they used to also have land auctions, and those should come back. I agree.

It seems to be the way with all these mundane sims. Very, very little in the way of real gameplay/engine advancement between iterations. Some, like the SCS truck sim games, at least do a fair amount of development work during the life of the game, though even with them the systems rarely change much, it’s mainly focused on map reworks.

I assume the mod scene is just for the PC version, not Series X? I know I was surprised at Skyrim having so many mods on the Xbox, but I think that is very much an outlier. But if there are mods for this on Xbox, I’ll prob go grab it immediately.

Kind of. The consoles have access to the in-game modhub, but a) a lot of the most useful mods use scripts and so can’t be on console, and b) the console versions have limited “slot” space, so you will run into capacity issues if you run a lot of mods. MrSealyP plays (mainly) on Playstation, so he’s always diligent about saying how many slots a mod/map takes up.

Ooooh, interesting. I’ll have to investigate a bit further then. I’m not a big mod guy, Skyrim is really about the only thing I heavily mod. So the fact that this has mods at all on the Xbox is very tempting.

Don’t expect too much, especially on console. Outside of PC, most of the mods are new maps and vehicles, doing basically the same thing that the base game does. There are definitely some gameplay changing mods on console (eg I think new production chains), but nothing as dramatic as Courseplay or even (from FS19) Seasons. Even on PC, most of the mods are about automation, QoL and variety rather than anything as in-depth as some of the Skyrim stuff.

Hmm. I think FS19 is on gamepass for both console and PC. Maybe I’ll just start there. Thanks for all the info.

I would say though, DEFINITELY check out the new maps, @lostcawz . Those can really change the playthrough of the game in a big way. And new gear is always fun to have modded in as well. Another one that is available are things like modded production points and sell points (where you make or sell items,) and a ton of design and building things to make the map more customized to you.

As for PC, right now we have the ability to roll back this update, which broke a lot of the good PC mods for now. That alone is a very awesome thing about the PC version.

Yeah, given the choice, definitely play on PC. Though I don’t know if you can run the non-modhub mods on the Game Pass version. Possibly as normally you just put them in a folder in My Documents.

Playing on Haut Beyleron at the moment. You can sell the premium potatoes at the offmap train destination. So I’m assuming you can do that on all maps which have one. They go for about a quarter more than the highest price for ordinary potatoes.

After messing around on a few maps, I think I’ll be settling down on Adelshoven, the new map everyone’s raving about:

It’s really nice, everything is laid out in a naturalistic way, and the pre-planted orchards/vines are going to encourage me to try some new crops (may even give forestry another try) but obviously as a new map, no autodrive routes, and the autogenerated one is a bit crap, so I’m having to build my own network, which is an interesting challenge.