Final Fantasy XII - The Zodiac Age (HD Remaster Take All My Money)

I am so ready for this. Though my glacial progress through FF15 is actually proving pretty amusing.

I haven’t even started it. Part of it is I’m saving up for a nice TV for my PS4 and part of it is I’m just not that excited to start it. The reason I’m not that excited is actually just that I’m way, way, way more excited for FF12.

Though there is probably a third part, and that is I do want to see if I can hold out until that big story patch I read about last month. At this point I may as well just wait a little longer.

It’s pretty good! It actually feels way more like a role playing game to me, rather than a Skinner box with moogles. The antithesis of 13.

I’m actually really to glad to hear (read?) that!

So there was a half hour dedicated to Final Fantasy at the Taipei International Game Show 2017 this weekend, and just an hour ago this event happened:

14:45 to 15:15 – Final Fantasy – Featuring Final Fantasy brand director Shinji Hashimoto and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age producer Hiroaki Kato.

(per this page http://gematsu.com/2017/01/sony-announces-taipei-game-show-2017-stage-schedule)

And I see it’s on YouTube!

They show off the same approximate demo that was shown at TGS last October, but we do get to see a summoned creature being directly controlled by the player, which is really cool.

If there was any other information, like release date or something, I can’t tell because I don’t speak Taiwanese. But if anyone does (or is curious) here is the video. I mean, they talked for half an hour and showed just a little footage, so they may have covered some interesting topics. Or maybe they mostly talked about Final Fantasy XV, I can’t say.

I forgot to come back and mention I did some more digging the next day and no, no release date was announced; rather they spoke about thing known already and hinted at more changes to come, sounds like. All good, but no direct new info.

However, looks like someone sniffed out the trophy list:

That’s a good sign it’s going to be coming sooner rather than later, I presume.

Square-Enix announced an announcement today, stay tuned for tomorrow for some news - no one knows what it is though, it likely isn’t FFXII related but hey, you never know. However, if it’s not, there is some sort of Final Fantasy anniversary event on 1/31 so maybe we’ll know more then.

Release date announced at the 30th anniversary event moments ago - 7/11 for US and 7/13 for Japan!

Something to look forward to! Thanks, @Scotch_Lufkin, for digging.

Yay! Thanks Scott!

Never knew Tactics Ogre came out for the PSP. It’s days like this that I regret trading my Vita for a New 3DS. Yes, it saved me some money that would have cost to buy it outright but it’s always nice to have it when the odd game comes around that you want to play. I can’t believe that it would cost me more today to just get the basic unit than it did when I got the edition with the pack in games from Amazon in the black Friday sale of 2012. Unbelievable.

Yeah, I really miss having my Vita for Tactics Ogre (in particular) and Final Fantasy Tactics - both games I’m jonesing for right now, but have no way to play. Frustrating. I own them digitally even, so I just need a Vita, but I can hardly justify dropping money one one for two games I’ve already played several times. And Tactics I have other options to play, too. Ah well.

That version of TO is freakin’ awesome, too.

Well, it’s that time again to talk about Final Fantasy XII - The Zodiac Age!

(I literally decided to post my thoughts I’d emailed to another buddy of mine to this thread when I found that cool watch on my bookshelf - I forgot I even had it - and thought it would be fun to set the time at the Day/Month that FFXII drops in North America.)

So I hadn’t looked too much into FFXII since the release date was revealed, but I was digging around and saw some new footage via a Pax East Panel that aired recently. I had it on in the background while I was working and I heard some neat little tidbits of info, like how there are unique Gambits now for the various Jobs (classes) so when you have a White Mage for example, it sounds like you can really make them into a dedicated healer, more so than other classes. I like this further delineation between the jobs. They talked about other topics of interest and showed off some footage as well, so it may be worth a listen/watch. At the half hour mark they talk about and show off the Trial mode, which is all new.

In the meanwhile, I’m a visual guy so I took some comparison shots between the original version and the new version, as they showed off some screens I hadn’t seen (or remembered seeing) such as the HD version of the job select, or the widescreen look to the equipment menu, stuff like that. I’m particularly pleased with the artwork on the License Board, it is very snappy and great looking. The entire game every time they show it off just looks like the best possible version of itself, I just can’t wait to get my hands on this.

Enjoy!

A new bit of info has surfaced today, and it’s kind of amazing.

This remastered version of the Zodiac Age will actually have a feature the original Zodiac Age didn’t have - dual classes! In the beginning, everyone had the same license board and just started on different points and developed mostly the same (give everyone some cure and buff spells, give one guy swords and one guy guns, etc.) and the Zodiac Age changed things up a year later and let players pick a “class” with a custom job board. That sounded cool, a more interesting way to develop your team, but was only available in JP.

Now this new version will have on every job board a tile called “L Board Plus” and if you purchase that tile, you can pick a second job to start spending LP on! There will be complimentary abilities with this, sounds like.

Also, more screens were released!

They are also revealing there will be 8 new musical tracks added to the game for boss battles and field exploration. Kind of a nice touch.

More (tons more) screens can be found here:
http://www.rpgsite.net/news/5513-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age-screenshots

I have to say, the texture work they are doing here is just incredible.

I just want to hear official confirmation that it will come to the PC. That’s all I need to hear. ;)

STRONG AGREE!!!

Seriously, I always needed to go back and finish this game. Having it on PC would be the perfect way to do so.

I feel like a PC version is inevitable.

I don’t care about PC. I just want to know if I can uninvert the horizontal camera. Because on the PS2 it was locked at inverted with no way to change it. They could literally just re-release the PS2 version with that option added and I’d be in. The other stuff looks cool, though.

fry.gif

omgomgomgomgomg

Ha! I hate it when games do that. I quit FF XII because of other reasons (not liking MMO combat, and the story becoming less interesting in the later parts of the game where you’re just going from one combat area to the next with little to no story in between). But now that you mention it, I remember being slightly bothered by that. In action games, it’s a deal breaker, but I could play through FF XII because you’re not messing with the camera as often.

But in Super Mario Sunshine? Man, that shit made it completely unplayable for me.