First Line of Defense against the Tom/Mark entity

I hate to say it, but all Brian’s nuttiness is worth it for the stats threads.(and I do believe the moderation decaying horse he beats is teetering on the edge of trolling). The stats threads do not feed the hungry or drastically alter my perception of reality, but they are interesting. Although his obsessive analysis and research is probably some form of residue left from a psychic break experienced several years ago, his dedication to it must be commended.

Again, for the record, I like having Brian around. We’re not looking for an excuse to ban him. We want him here. He’s an utter loon, but an oddly loveable utter loon. He’s our loveable loon.

Two things:

1. Yes, Brian, we are singling out board moderation issues from others in the request you were sent. We are also singling out you and one other person, who I won’t mention unless he wants to be mentioned. The two of you have been making a habit of sprinkling your posts with comments (or extended treatises) on how we run the board. We’d like you to stop. We heard you. We will still hear you, but please keep it to a thread where the discussion is focused and we can participate if we want.

2. Mark and I both participate in decisions about banning, what to do with the board, and exactly how good Flying Heroes is as a game. We are a ruling, umm, biumvirate. I think that’s the word. Although I might have just said we each have two stomachs. I’m not sure.

-Tom

I skipped most of this post because it was (a) long and (b) insane, but I’ve got to say, I think that stumper of a quote at the end may be Brian’s finest work since he pronounced himself the “most respected thinker on this board by far.”

Most respecting stinker on this board?

insert smiley to indicate I’m tittering like a schoolgirl

Heh. Maybe I was wrong about the political blood… or at least about the Washington quip. I should have said a local politician. You’ve got a ways to go… you’re sure putting in the effort though. I’ll let you know when you graduate.

TOM CHICK FOR GOVERNOR OF CALI!

Or not. We wouldn’t want him to be too busy to drop by on occassion. ;)

No way am I voting for some actor who spends all his time working out for governor of California. That’s crazy talk.

No way am I voting for some actor who spends all his time working out for governor of California. That’s crazy talk.[/quote]

I need to find some cleaning solution.

Somehow, water seems to have been shot at my monitor at high velocities, and I don’t quite know how…

Tom, please tell me exactly how good Flying Heroes is as a game. I keep thinking “Yeah, it’s damn good”, but I lack the trained game reviewing eye that you and Mark possess to be able to quantify Flying Heroes’ goodness into a number, preferably one in double digits with decimals. Please help.

I think I was the other one although I have no idea why. Aside from a jab at Chet in reference to removing post counts and in response to posts from Brian I don’t think I’ve brought it up in quite awhile here as sprinkles or as treatises. I don’t understand this place anymore.

You have to understand the mindset of Tom/Mark.

You’ve been banned, once, sort of… for three days.

Despite your denial, I think you were highly offended by that. Between June 9 and July 13 you made a total of 6 posts. The first of those 6 occurred on June 12, where you said “Who’s gone?” indicating your 3 day banning was over. Post #4 was “Derek and Huffman were banned? Shit. Go on vacation for a week and all hell breaks loose!
Call Tom a pussy and see what happens to you”

Clearly you are still unhappy about the banning. Your very next post, 4 days later…

Since you’re interested in the facts, there were no warnings. Just for your own future reference.[/quote]

As memory serves, Tom stated (in one of the threads that was subsequently deleted) that you had received a written request. You failed to abide by the request and were banned. He failed to mention why everyone else who does so is permanently banned. This is what Tyjenks is referring to.

Your very first post after your true return on July 14…

dictionary.com sez:

1. Of, relating to, or being electricity or electric current produced by chemical action; galvanic.
  2. Producing electricity by chemical action.

Voltaic arc, a luminous arc, of intense brilliancy, formed between carbon points as electrodes by the passage of a powerful voltaic current.

Note: a “voltaic arc” is of intense brilliancy. Take that, McCullough!

Everyone calls me voltaic (or volt), including parents, friends, and some of my employers. Who am I to go against the grain?

This sort of humor and spirit indicates that you are back in action.

You represent a sore point to Tom. You are his mistake (mistake to him). You are unhappy about your temporary banning, which means you oppose Tom in that. Tom therefore sees you as an enemy.

So Tom waits, and watches. Nothing overly exciting happens… people want to “let it die” which Tom likes. But you pop up from time to time and you have an aggressive attitude that you didn’t have before. That aggressive attitude isn’t exactly directed AT Tom but Tom knows what caused it and its bound to turn Tom’s way eventually.

So Tom starts his newest project. He sends me (the most public and most painful Tom-detractor on this messageboard) a Request ™ which is really an excuse to manipulate me. Not getting a particularly pleasant reply he takes the next step which is to send you a like Request.

So now he’s drawn his line in the sand and is eagerly awaiting a trespass. Its clear to me that if he gets me first he’ll no longer care about you… unless you defend my banning effectively in which case you’ll be gone. If you don’t defend me effectively he might keep you around to laugh at you.

But if he doesn’t get me he can still get you and send a message. Oppose him and be banned.

If he gets you I’ll defend you but that will leave me exposed to the very trespass he has set up… the bear trap will be tough to miss.

It was recommended quite a while ago that Tom open up debate and a two-way communication on banning. Over time Tom has become more and more entrenched against such a position, not out of any rational sense but rather simply because he has to have things His Way. He places too much value on who comes up with an idea and not enough on the value of the idea…

So now since Tom is no longer defending anything just but rather simply defending His Way, he cannot be reasoned with. Secrecy is his ally… The Tyrant has come.

Anyone who does not support His Way is his enemy. The more effective you are at attacking His Way, the more attention you draw from him. A Request is nothing more than a notice that your attacks are effective.

Do you understand now?

Let me pull a Bill O’Reilly here…

Shut up, shut up, shut up!

Tom & Mark, Brian told me in a private message that you two are scared to ban him, that you don’t have the balls to ban him. Yep, that’s what he said, but of course said it in 15 pages of text and diagrams.

Chet

Chet, that’s bizarre - he sent me the same message, but added in a postscript that he dared you to post it on the forums, but, like tom and mark, you were too much of a pussy to ever do it.

I’m pretty sure Chet isn’t joking, but are you, Quatoria?

Yes, yes, it’s true. Brian said he would eat Tom’s firstborn. With barbeque sauce and coleslaw on the side.

It just goes to show the supernatural extents to which I oppress my natural inclination towards incredulity when Brian Koontz’s idiocy is involved.

Rue the Day? Who says that?

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2000-12-29

It’s also one of my favourite words!

I was playing Scrabble once, and someone didn’t think “rued” was a word. When I explained it was the past tense of “rue”, they challenged that, too.

Idiots.