First Line of Defense against the Tom/Mark entity

Brian’s just toying with us. He has to be, no mortal could produce that barbeque sauce remark.

[size=6]I CHET[/size]

There was a band called Captain Beefheart. Was that their logo?

Dunno…the bands I listen to only have logos that look like mystical chrome mushrooms melting in the heat of the Venusian sun, or an Arkanoid machine marquee, or both.

For a guy who runs a site called Planethate, which I guess is all about hating planets and possibly blowing one up sometime while wearing your Marvin the Martian helmet, you sure are prone to a very heartbreaking sort of overreaction when someone infers that your other site’s forums are thinly populated and full of ducks.

Yeah, it is funny how many banned Qt3ers are now claiming that they purposely got themselves banned because they felt it was all “played out”. Derek Smart made a similar claim a few months ago, right after he was banned.

Speaking of which… Derek has shown up in the thread now too, which is pretty great and gives Levitateme something like a 60% share in the banned Qt3ers market. Here’s Derek’s comment, much terser than usual:

You mofos can’t stay banned can yo…oh wait, I guess I’m in good company.

Tom’s an absolutely clueless and two-faced bastard - but just wait until my new personal site is done and up (by the end of the month).

Sonofabitch even accused me of posting as someone else and with the most tinted piece of evidence this side of a stale Ham sandwich.

I’m assuming that “tainted piece of evidence” was an IP address that was linked to him. I’m also confused why he’s acting so insulted that Tom would dare to insinuate that he was posting under fake pseudonyms, since two months back that was exactly what he was threatening to do:

Also cute: as usual, Derek has added in one of his adorable little “just you wait” threats, which always makes me giggle because then I think of him as sort of a negroid Snidely Whiplash and with a liter of axle grease handlebarring his wispy little “never shaved” mustache. Note that this “you just wait” threat of a personal website detailing the hypocrisy and racism of Tom Chick was said to be coming online “next week” two months ago as well.

I agree with his “Tom’s clueless” thing, though, and let me just add what Derek forgot “… and doesn’t know how to spell cotillion”.

I love this Blog Revenge that Derek is plotting. I remember him referring to that right before he got banned, too. Just you wait, Tom Chick! Soon my Blog will show you what for! You’ll RUE THE DAY!

Hey! I’m still here. I haven’t been banned yet. The Wall roxxorz you pathetic imbecile. And also…I’m telling.

:arrow: :idea: :?: :?: :?:

LOL

I dont know what I’m saying

No more drama!

Man! That’s some bad blood between you guys. Some of you met some of the gently touched people.

I guess I just don’t understand meeting, hanging out and acting like general friends and then coming online and blowing up later.

You people are weird.

Not Brian K. He’s beyond weird.

Yawn.

Or loon.

What is with this guy? I thought he had a job as a designer, and some sort of life other than harassing site admins. Why put so much effort into such a petty thing?

You know, I don’t even know why I asked that. I must still be boggling over Koontz’s loopy posts here earlier. Clue to Brian-If you’d like Tom or Mark to treat you with more respect, you might want to start yourself. Calling them an entity, and not even providing them individual courtesy, is rude. Frankly I think they show tremendous patience with you, even if it is in a “Don’t hurt the rainman” kind of way. Not as much as they did Wumpus-that guy spent 2 years before being banned taking personal pot-shots at Tom with no recriminations, and I never saw why.

They haven’t established an individual identity with respect to the bannings. Noone knows whether Tom or Mark is behind the bannings, whether they agree on them, who is behind the requests, whether they agree on them, etc. So they ARE the Tom/Mark entity. A mysterious behind-the-scenes force with unclear motivations and purpose.

Also, if I had to guess, I’d bet that Chick is running the show and Mark is sitting by and watching. That’s why Chick is the Warden in my Qt3 jail post.

I’ve encouraged them to open up for a long time, both publicly and privately. I’ve stated my reasons, both publicly and privately. They have not addressed them, other than to say its “not a democracy”. That’s not good enough.

Guess again. I’ve already received the “request” from the Tom/Mark entity. Now Chick is just waiting with a grim smile on his face for me to break his silly law and he can be rid of me. And his excuse will be “he failed to abide by the request”. The real reason of course is that I apply pressure on him to step away from the shadows.

The shots are not personal. I like Chick well enough in other contexts. But he is fucking up his banning-context thoroughly, and Qt3 is paying the price.

Chick is far too enamored with being Tarzan…

Brian,

No one fucking cares.

They have not addressed them, other than to say its “not a democracy”. That’s not good enough.

Sure it is. They own and run the board, you only contribute dollops of crap to it, just like everyone else (including me). If you don’t like it, leave. Sure, you can try to convince them to appease you and do whatever else you wish, but that doesn’t mean they have to, or better yet - it doesn’t mean they are compelled to listen to you, much less answer to you. You’re a speck to them. Live with it.

— Alan

Brian, since you brought it up, all that was asked is that you not derail threads by inserting comments about board moderation. You haven’t been asked to avoid posting about board moderation issues. In fact, we ecouraged you to post about these things as much as you want, but that you keep your comments in appropriate threads.

So say whatever you want, clench your fists and shake them at the sky, curse, cry, exult, tabulate the number of naughty words that are uttered and attempt to correlate them into some Koontzian scheme that explains the way the Qt3 world works, call us names, say we suck, say someone who should know told you we suck so we must really suck, etc., but just do it in the appropriate threads.

That’s all.

You’re a speck to them.

Heh – no he’s not. I enjoy Brian’s contribution to the boards, though I admit to not really doing more than a skim job on his long-ass posts because they don’t seem to earn their length. I’d be sorry to see Brian decide to stop posting.

My point was that you are singling out comments about board moderation from all OTHER types of thread derailment. In fact, the only time you have ever been against thread derailment is when it includes the subject of board moderation.

You might want to ask yourself if thread derailment which includes the subject of board moderation is really a direct cause for banning.