Fishing Sim World

Yup! I agree! I’ve been playing this game since January and have put several hundred hours into it. I feel like they cheat, but it is more about knowing where the spawn locations are at, the perfect set ups to trigger spawns, some sort of techniques to bring in heavier carp and then catching the boss fish multiple times. I know for a fact Philly Bass on Xbox and Ps4 catches the boss fish on a couple of lakes 5 times to get him at the top. I’m guessing they respawn or he “pauses” his game to menu and jumps back in after each time catching him. I’ve made the top 10 a few times and the top 5 once. Almost won match series in Guntersville a few months ago, came 3rd.

As for that last bass tourney, five 14lbs bass is 70lbs of bass. Very doable. I was in 3rd place this week (on ps4) at 70lbs 3oz and had a MONSTER on but time expired (now dropped to 6th). I was so bummed on my 3rd attempt today because my 5th best fish was 11lbs 0oz. I had a 16lbs 3oz, two 15lbers, and a 13lbs and then the 11lber. All of it added up to 70lbs even. If I brought in another 15-16lbs bass I would have been in 1st place EASY! I wish you could purchase more attempts in online tourneys with your TP too. I’ve got over 300,000 TP now with no real reason to spend it on apparell or all of the other rods and stuff.
I do pretty damn well in the online tourneys and can get top 20 consistently every week but the carp tourney is like a different language to me. 1400lbs of carp? GTFO! hahaha No way! Same with some of the predator tourneys with 1650 inches! It’s like they know where the Gar spawns are for the bosses.

Anyways, I still f**king love this game and can’t wait for the new one. All of these guys have had a few years to figure this one out. The board will be swiped clean on the new game.

I just realize this was all from a YEAR ago! smh. Fail!
Do you remember your walleye trick you mentioned? I’ve found a couple of Gar spawns but they only stay turned on for 15-20 minutes. Albino frog slays them

Nope. Haven’t played it in months.

Actually I remember being all excited about career mode and haven’t even touched it. So I guess I stopped before July last year.

Fishing at Gillhams and just caught the Biggest Trophy Fish ever…

Maybe I could reinstall this…

Wait a new game this summer, already?

Well it has been out for a few years, i’m looking forward to it tbh

This is on sale for around 50% off including a bunch of DLC (quad lakes is a must I think). Certainly worth it if you haven’t got it yet.

Looks like the new game The Catch is out too, but not getting the strong reviews like this one did. It’s also cheap (around the same price as FSW and cheaper than FSW and the Quad lakes add-on. But it seems like it could be a step back.

Anyone tried The Catch yet?

Yeah I have it nad have been playing it, i like it, a different mechanic where you need to raise or lower the rod to keep the line tight enough. Works well.

Like the new lakes and boss fish and legendary fish.

Just wish they had a decent career mode in at the start.

Really it could have been a dlc but at that price it works for me.

Nice, thanks for the quick info. I still haven’t played out FSW so may hold off on Catch for now. Is FSW abandoned in any way that can be seen to to player? It’s been a while but I was about to jump back in and recall that the tourneys were the best place to get money and stuff. They still have those I assume?

Edit…again. The best auto-fill/correct I ever used was on my Samsung galaxy 4 I think. Like 5 years ago. I got a 6 and for whatever reason it’s auto check was worse. Then a couple of years later I got an iPhone and it’s gone from bad to suck. Why is this so hard Big Tech People!!!

I think there is a couple more dlc due for FSW and online is still on the go as well.

I’ve got probably about 20 hours into this. The mechanics of this game are really good, the information, progression, and “rpg” aspects of this are horrible. It’s a real shame. There is a great game here, in terms of mechanics, that sits behind a literally horrible wall of crud. There are dozens of examples of lures, bait, rods, etc, that have the exact same description, but are different prices…ok…WHY? The game does a terrible job of telling you why you need this do-dad vs the other one, or why A is better than B.

Probably the best fishing game I’ve played in terms of “feel”, and probably the worst in terms of progression. It’s hard not to recommend this, if you like these types of games, because you will surely get 20+ hours out of it just based on goofing around, exploring, etc. It’s just sad, because this is easily a game that should be good for 100 hours+, and it wouldn’t take much to get there.

The best lake to catch trophy catfish is Laguna Iquitos.

Is this still on GamePass?

It is not.

On the console the newer (I think) Carp and Course game is in game pass. I tried playing my PC version of Sim World and there is a little jank so thought I’d try the carp one in my Series S. Now I don’t give a damn about carp fishing. But it does have a bunch of trout and salmon and other predator fish where you use a lure. And other than having only Euro lakes it’s super fun so far. To the point I’m thinking about buying it and it’s dlc outright. Plays pretty smooth and easy with a controller. Certainly worth a look even though it has no bass or other sports fish.

So has anybody here played both Fishing Sim World and Ultimate Fishing Simulator and can give me a comparison of sorts so I can figure out which one I should buy?

@Penny_Dreadful Ultimate Fishing isn’t one I’ve played, but I do recall checking it out before going with FSW and thinking FSW just looked like a bigger (more lakes/fish/equipment) and stronger game.

And to modify my mentioning of the newer FSW game about Carp. It’s fishing is still pretty good, but only a few lakes have what I would consider sport fish (pike, salmon, trout). The game with “Carp” in the title is unsurprisingly focused on Carp fishing. Which is as lame a type of fishing as I can think of. I think I’ll pick up FSW on the Xbox when it goes on sale. Or maybe get the main game (only $20) and then the lake packs later.