Five Nights at Freddy's the Blumhouse movie

Chris Columbus what are you doing?

I will watch this, I think these games are great little fun diversions.

Don’t know the games at all besides a vague notion of the premise, but Chris Columbus directing is more or less an automatic pass.

Directed by Emma Tammi (Chris Columbus dropped out during the pandemic.)

Josh Hutcherson, Matthew Lillard, and Mary Stuart Masterson

The games’ premise always struck me as readymade for a movie script. Let’s see if they can pull it off.

Oh man, my kids are gonna go nuts. What’s this rated?

edit: I’m seeing stuff reported around the internet that it’s going to be PG-13, but I can’t find official confirmation of that.

Don’t think it’s rated yet, but PG-13 sounds right.

Oh man, it’s gonna be funny hearing stories of the parents that take kids to see this without properly reviewing the age rating…

Other than that, it looks pretty good!

Edit - oh, apparently it will be a PG13 rating.

Holy crap. That’s crazy. Especially when you consider the movie was available on Peacock on the same day.

I can only imagine what those screenings must be like, full of ten year olds just losing their minds.

Best Halloween weekend opening ever at $78 million. That’s insane.

Never underestimate novelty, it’s the root of mental pleasure.

I saw this last night. Was it good? No. Was it entertaining for 2 hours? Yes. The crowd clapped for this movie. Clapped, Jerry. Like it was fucking Star Wars.

Willy’s Wonderland is a better movie. Still, if you can appreciate substandard plotting but decent set building and effects, it’s worth a watch.

My kid was so hyped for this movie, she handmade costumes for the whole family to wear. She also made me watch a series of videos on YouTube to get familiar with the story, then literally gave me a hand written, multiple choice test to take. And she graded it. I got 4 out of 5.

The theater was full of kids, I’d say 8-16 years old.
It was so loud. Shouting, shrieking, calling out references, they were way into it. It was a fun theater experience just because everyone was so enthusiastic. Shame about the actual movie!

On the ride home I got a 20 minute lecture about the movie’s deviations from the lore from my daughter. She is 9.

That sounds like a great time! Good on you and your daughter for enjoying the experience!

But what did she rate it? How many stars?

So this is based on a videogame?

Wow, yes it is.

9.5. She subtracted .5 because of the lore changes.

I heard her on messenger with some friends today and they were all talking about the sequel and something about a puppet.

Awesome. Sounds like they hit a homerun with their target audience.