FLOTUS under Trump

Hey now, why the ruckus? It’s perfectly normal for royal consorts to oust troublesome ministers.

The Mira Ricardel firing thing is getting confusing now.

https://twitter.com/EamonJavers/status/1062446225092423680

Asked if the White House has a response to the statement from the First Lady’s spokesperson that Ricardel “no longer deserved the honor of serving in the White House” the official said: “the East Wing speaks for the East Wing.”

I asked the official if Ricardel will still be sitting at her desk tomorrow. The official said: “I don’t know, will you guys be sitting in your booths tomorrow? We’ll see.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-has-decided-to-remove-homeland-security-secretary-nielsen-1542126979

So… the First Lady was demanding resources from the National Security Council… why again?

And now the person who thought that was a bad idea is probably getting fired?
What?

Now this is a story I’d like to get to the bottom of. Normally I don’t give two shits what Melania is up to.

John the Baptist could not be reached for comment.

For one bizarre microsecond I read that as ‘POTUS has told advisers he’s made the decision to fire the First Lady.’

I’m sure he made that decision long ago but is just waiting for the right moment to act on it.

He’s always on the lookout for future ex-first-ladies.

This CNN article makes Ricardel out to be more than a little difficult to work with. Her clashes with Administration officials apparently spanned FLOTUS to John Kelly to James Mattis, and she is verbally abusive to her subordinates and has a less than optimal personality for navigating touchy political situations. Possibly the most damning point against her though, she was hand-picked for the position by John Bolton.

There is also a bunch of scary talk in the article about Bolton and others looking to put only people “ideologically aligned” with Trump in key positions. Because we haven’t gone full Nazi yet folks…

Damn, she sounds awfully Presidential. Has she considered running?

Hardly a unique characteristic for Trump admin officials.

Give it time. Give it time.

Hard to pick which side to align with - Bolton vs. Melania. Think I’ll sit this one out.

Haha, yes, exactly. The article does shed some light on the situation though, reducing from “FLOTUS suddenly demands WH Official be fired” to more like “WH Official nobody likes and who is probably a totally racist bitch breaks last straw by clashing with FLOTUS”.

I guess I’d want to be hopped up too if I had to go anywhere near the fucking Falwells.

When does the prenup expire? He’s done it in the past.

Someone, somewhere decided this would be a good picture.