Fly the not-so-friendly skies

Yea sorry, sometimes i skip ahead in my thinking, 'cause it’s boring to spell it all out every.single.time, but Coulter trying to get her “and me!” moment in the sunshine. Her and her Fox News kind love creating drama and blaming liberals for everything even when the concepts of “liberal” or “conservative” have nothing to do with the subject in question, because that’s the brush in which they paint their world.

I mean, i just checked her twitter feed, and this literally just popped up

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/887340235528523776

So when i said liberals what i mean to say was “liberals” being those typically labeled as such by the Murdoch News aligned conservative punditry types. That doesn’t mean liberals aren’t predisposed to laugh at her weirdnesses though, but that just gives her kind more fuel for the rage fire.

Ann is using anonymous sources to back up her argument. Oh the irony.

There’s no outrage at Coulter’s treatment because nothing outrageous happened. She was asked to change from one coach seat to another. That happens. It’s annoying, it’s inconvenient, but it’s not denial boarding because of your religion or an assault by police. She’s just shocked anything bad could happen to her.

True story from about 20 years ago. I was flying out of Dulles on a regional carrier. An older gentleman sat in the exit row across from me. I recognized him, but the (much younger) cabin attendant did not. She came back, looked at me, then looked at him and asked him if he could manage the duties of the emergency row. The conversation went like this:

Stewardess: … The door is very heavy.
PAX: I can handle it
Stewardess: Are you sure? In case of an emergency, you would be responsible for opening…
PAX (visibly angry): I said I CAN HANDLE IT
Stewardess: I’m very sorry sir. But I will need you to change seats
PAX (fuming): DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?
Stewardess: … ?
PAX: I AM AL GODDAMNED HAIG!
Stewardess: Who?

He ended up moving.

The jazz pianist or the general?

The one who was still alive in the 90’s.

A valid point. Although, it would lend credence to her concerns.

I’ll save y’all a click:

It’s been a few minutes so let’s bring back United!

“It’s a new era in regards to social media. That’s just something we have to accept,” he added.

Gosh that darn social media. I long for the good ole days when you could treat customers like crap quietly.

Back in the good ol’ days, all sorts of groups could be routinely oppressed in their local areas without the nation as a whole becoming any wiser! The mentally ill, women, blacks, poor orphans. . .

Man, OldMerica was GREAT.

In the old days taking a plane trip wasn’t torture. I actually enjoyed flying in the 60s and 70s.

Who is not in the article, well United… oh wait, because United can’t figure out how to get itself out of every article about bad flying experience we still get this:

According to the DOT [PDF], this put Frontier in violation of its overbooking rule, a measure that has come under scrutiny in recent months after a United passenger was forcibly dragged off an overbooked flight.

But hey United and its supporter can keep going as is so we can all be reminded every couple of weeks about how they had a passenger dragged off one of their flights.

Well no mention of United today, but also the fight didn’t even involve passengers. Seeing my flight crew fight though would make me nervous.

Some bedroom issue?

Flight crews and pilots generally don’t know each other. I might be wrong but I think they are managed completely differently; flight crews go on and come off the plane with barely a nod of input from the pilot, and they don’t share shifts, arrangements or scheduling. All that is handled by the airline. And in the article an observer called his behavior “racist”, so that doesn’t look from the tiny shred of hearsay information available to be about some liaison. He’s also 54 and she 26, so probably not.

Don’t you remember the pilot who complained basically about the flight attendants being too old to fuck these days, on audio… he said that on audio.

That’s my issue with the reporting nowadays.

A source says it’s racist does not make it so. Just like my guess that it’s a bedroom spill over does not make it so.

No i never heard that. Yuck.

But maybe you said pilot, and meant the CEO of Qatar Airlines? Yuck.

Well, reporting may well be heresay by nature but the crew was switched and the plane delayed. Those are facts. The people on the plane certainly have more information than i have. Those are reports. Again there is certainly a measure of caution here, but caution also doesn’t mean it’s false until proven true.

True.