Fly the not-so-friendly skies

You set a high bar these days.

Pick one. :)

As long as the person doesn’t pick some sort of pustule on their foot and spray blood all over their neighbors.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/01/delta-discrimination-muslim-passengers.amp

A flight attendant also told the captain that she had seen the husband text the word “Allah” several times and that he did not smile when making eye contact.

“He texted about God, so I had him thrown off the flight.”

Imagine if that was literally anyone else.

Pretty sure that guy is gonna get a lot of money from Delta, if he hasn’t already.

Right? They’d be declaring how there is this endless prosecution against Christians, and how horrible it was that religious freedoms are not being honored in this country. Oh. Muslim… pass. No outrage at all from them on this. It’s pretty sickening.

Yeah, sue the shit out of them. Delta employees should not allow passenger bigotry to guide the way they handle other passengers.

This wasn’t even just other passengers being bigots. This was a flight attendant.

I read am talking about this:

In one of the cases, in July 2016 in Paris, a passenger told a flight attendant that a couple made her nervous. The woman was wearing a head scarf, and — the other passenger claimed — the man inserted something in his phone.

Good airline news for a change!

Everyone was super-nice to the attractive white couple. I guess that’s good news.

Anybody being nice to anybody these days is good news.

It’s a nice story to share with their daughter years later at least.

The married flight attendant couple are the daughter and son-in-law of the guy who owns the comic shop I used to go to when I worked at CGW in N. California. He also created Free Comic Book Day. So, good family!

That’s cool, Yay for the comic book family! They did a nice thing for their fellow human beings.

https://twitter.com/ScottGreenfield/status/1253053600479227904

I totally expect airlines to raise prices and need bailout. Is that surprising to anyone? Their business is down 90%. We can let them crater and have no airline service, or bail them out and let them raise prices so we have an (expensive) airline service available. I’m not seeing other options.

If they’re getting a bailout, and most of them… are, why raise prices? I mean raising prices until the few people flying don’t fly anymore isn’t a rational decision. It’s a sign of being protected, not trying to survive.

The only people flying right now are the people that need to. Like really badly. They will pay the premium.

The bailouts seem like a big number, but I believe that they are less than the combined income that the big domestic airlines make in like 4-6 months. The bailouts are not enough for the airlines to survive with business as usual unless things go completely back to normal in a month or two. Since I don’t think there’s a good chance of that, the airlines need to raise prices and cut costs and cut flights and all sorts of other things.

It sucks, but it’s not the airlines fault.

The bailouts are not meant to just let industries survive with business as usual kind of levels and money. We bailed this group out before. Maybe, just maybe they should start saving those profits for a rainy day once in awhile.

I mean if these companies are drowning, we’re keeping their nose above the water, not their head.