Fly the not-so-friendly skies

So you’re saying that, even that far back, they weren’t funny?

It will be safe when/if you get here. We’ve had about two dozen new case this month almost all from travelers, and we are super slow about reopening. Admittedly getting on airplane for 6+ hour could be nerve wracking.

Hawaii might still have the mandatory quarantine , so not worth going.

Spend 6 hours in a horrific facemask experience, and then be stuck in a hotel for 2 weeks is not worth it.

Easyjet hacked. 2.2k credit card details stolen, 9m customer travel details.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/easyjet-plc--ezj-/rns/notice-of-cyber-security-incident/202005191151293627N/

I guess we can safely assume that the option chosen for data security was the cheapest.

You can pay a small fee to have your own personal data slightly more protected.

From the people who brought us Pay As You Go Lifejackets

Ugh. Pointless name-dropping its worst. Somehow United actually feels less safe.

introducing United CleanPlus℠, a new standard of cleanliness and safety, in partnership with Clorox and Cleveland Clinic:

United CleanPlus is our commitment to putting health and safety at the forefront of your journey, with the goal of delivering an industry-leading standard of cleanliness. Teaming up with Clorox allows us to leverage expertise from the #1 trusted brand for powerful cleaning and disinfecting. And Cleveland Clinic is advising us on our cleaning and disinfection protocols so we can innovate quickly as we learn more about how to protect against COVID-19.

I’ve been joking with former colleagues about how every airline and hotel company is scrambling to come up with some new tag line which says “ok now we really will clean our shit, trust us this time” but perhaps not so starkly.

Obviously this won’t be in planes, but I can see the spread of new and old anti-germ materials (brass, silver etc) replacing many touch surfaces.

Unless they pass out N95 masks and require everyone to wear them properly, this is mostly pointless fluff.

I think in order for this to not lead to tons of actual fights at the gate and inside planes, they’re going to need to close every bar in every airport.

I feel like once a couple flight attendants get assaulted by drunk idiots who refuse to wear a mask they’ll roll this back.

It says they will be denied future flights. I think that means the attendants will ask them to put on a mask, but if they don’t comply so be it. They will finish the flight and then be banned.

Yeah, I don’t think that’ll stop these people from antagonizing flight attendants and/or other passengers.

Don’t disagree, but at the same time the airlines realize they need to make drastic measures to restore consumer confidence. I’m not getting on a plane for any reason right now while the “it’s just the flu” idiots are disregarding proper mask usage. I might consider using airline travel again if I believed there were strictly enforced safety measures in place. So the airline has to make a tough choice, because they have to alienate one group or the other. If they look at the data and determine that the safety conscious people are a bigger potential group of customers, then we will see the airlines start cracking down on mask usage with a startling ferocity.

Now you can’t even drink your Covid fears away.

IMO, and I assume this is an unpopular opinion, they should ban alcohol on flights permanently. Way more trouble than it’s worth, though I’m sure it’s a cash cow for the airlines.

Bingo, got it in one!

They’d just jack the baggage fees another $25 to compensate anyway.

So they get to be potential super spreaders along the way. Nice. They should be thrown in jail for a year when the plane lands.

What makes you say that? Prior to covid I was in a high-travel job and flew quite a bit. Didn’t see a lot of people get disruptively drunk on planes. What troublesome aspect of drinking on planes do you think merits banning?