Food Recalls (that are interesting)

I had to write an egg search engine once. I learned way too much about egg buying in the process, including that farmers make so many barrels of money that they don’t bother providing good data.

Jif peanut butter recall linked to a Kentucky plant. We had some with the affected lot code so we threw it out. Our toddler was in the process of eating some as I checked the jar, so whoopsie(!), but the jar was nearly empty so we are likely all safe or immune I suppose.

The recalled products have lot code numbers between 1274425 – 2140425 and include the numbers 425 for the 5th-7th digits. “425” in that position indicates that it was processed in the Lexington facility.

https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/j-m-smucker-co-issues-voluntary-recall-select-jifr-products-sold-us-potential-salmonella

Thanks for that. We have a jar that falls in that recall, but hadn’t opened it yet.

When my wife told me there was a Jif recall my first instinct was to correct her pronunciation of gif.

I got hit by this. I spent the last two days with a fever and crampy tummy and last name is saw this news bit and looked and sure enough the Jif peanut butter that I just opened up Friday is in that lot number range. I tossed it and hope to feel better soon! Ugh.

my-man-my-man-denzel