Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump Begins

Please, someone tell me again how Hugh Hewitt isn’t a complete Trump sell out. He’s actually cheering the White House Counsel’s letter to Congress. Wow.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/10/09/house-democrats-impeachment-inquiry-is-kangaroo-court/

Hugh Hewitt is a cyborg sent from the future to destroy America:

That made me smile, and I read it to my wife.

It’s unclear how serious a move this is. If the GOP really already had their shit together on acting as a bloc, this would be coming from McConnell, not Graham.

In fact, it’s possible to see this as a shrewd courtier’s tactic by Graham, even if he doesn’t get any signatures. It would be stupid for a GOP Senator to sign such a thing at this point, because they don’t yet know what new godawful shit about Ukraine may be exposed by the inquiry. Rather than commit, they can easily kick the can down the road by saying they’re waiting for the full articles of impeachment.

So Graham’s effort may not see much in terms of results. But he can scuttle back to Trump, hold up his petition as evidence he’s a good little ass-licking sycophant, denounce the Senators who wouldn’t sign, and build his capital with Trump.

Then if it looks like Trump is going down, he can blame the Senators who didn’t sign to keep cred with Trump supporters, and flip using the “It’s clear the Administration can’t continue if his own party doesn’t support him” card.

… Of course, a way simpler and more likely explanation is that Graham really is just an ass-kissing sycophant.

Conspiracy time… what if Trump, the very stable genius, felt his Senate support was wavering and decided to start this shit with the Kurds to get them back in line? That’s classic Trump, do something stupid and cause a giant mess, then use that as a negotiating tactic. I’ll undo this horrible thing I did if you do what I want you to.

Well that escalated quickly:

More crystal-clear evidence of a deep-state conspiracy to take down his Trumpness!

There’s a thread for this discussion. It would help to continue over there because I check this one specifically for new news relating to the topic title.

Yeah, sorry. I said so myself above, yet here I go again. I’ll stop posting here now!

The discussion is fine, but it would be helpful to move it over there. :)

I tried just now to move most of it…

Go here to talk about voting for third party candidates:

Thanks, @Clay!

That was the hardest “move posts” job I’ve ever done. I’m sweating, I tell you. ;)

Thanks, man. I didn’t expect that to happen because it looked like a mess to move it, but this thread getting bumped is kinda important! :)

Thanks again!

I’ve been out all morning, and it’s impossible to catch up with the ocean of corruption from the Trump administration. If only we had known that electing a lawless sociopathic narcissist would lead to troubles.

I sure we’ll be hearing a lot more of “I gotta go, I have urgent business in … where don’t we have any extradition treaties again?” from various Trump associates.

Something innocent folks probably don’t try to do very often.