Forspoken - Fantasy Control

I’d have bought it but I’m too poor right now frowny face emoji.

The reviews I’m seeing are saying it’s not worth buying on PC no matter the price. And only buy on console at a big discount.

Sometimes I wonder how a gaming company as large as Squeenix can miss, and then I just remind myself of Sony Pictures.

Early impressions:

• I like the main character so far
  • The introductory section in New York was long, but compelling to watch
  • In fantasy land, I get my powers and I’m surprised that my three attack spells just feels like firing pistols in burst mode. What a weird way to do fantasy spells.
  • I like the cuff dialog so far
  • The dragon was pretty cool
  • The Parkour feels very awkward. It reminds me of the first Infamous.
  • I like the feel of the PS5 controller a lot. It feels hefty in the hands, and the way it vibrates, it feels like a part of my hand.

Oh! Your post made me wonder if this was finally being offered as a PS+ title. Nope. But I do see it’s available for 60% off. Not a bad deal, but I’ll wait for it to show up as a free game.

Yeah, I bought it on Windows to try out my new Dual Sense controller. It’s $28 there too, plus I get Xbox Live achievements! :)

So far I’m kind of enjoying it, honestly. I can see why the thread title compares it to Control now, because the “shooting” very much feels like Control. But I couldn’t play Control for long because it felt too boring to me, but so far Forspoken’s Isekai aspect keeps it interesting.

There’s a fair chance it will hit PS Plus Extra in January, if it follows the same path Ghostwire: Tokyo and Deathloop.

I played for about 20 minutes this morning. Mostly cutscenes and pseudo-cutscenes (you know, where you push forward on your character to make them walk as the conversation and scenes unfold).

I really like the music in this so far. The main theme is very catchy and gets in your head.

Picking up a discussion from a couple months ago in the bargain thread:

It would appear so, since she wound up naming it her GotY.

Still interested in checking this out at some point.