Fortnite - A New Game by Epic

maybe I can do the tutorial? I’m guessing not…
nope… need to log in to access anything

major downer.

Software as service!

Still down, hope we get a few “we are sorry llama’s” .

Blarg, yet another online service with its own goddamn friends list. Sigh. Anyway, I’m on as tomwchick because tomchick was taken. Probably by me, but I couldn’t figure out how to login, so I have to live with my dumb middle initial.

Okay, let’s play! Oh, it’s down…?

-Tom

Looks like it’s back up - with a login queue :D

I just got done splatting a bunch of zombies.

ok that was deadly for me… very much the… I’m going to do just one more encounter. I had to just stop :D

Thank you @Wumpus for the key! I wont be on much the next few days, but a bit intermittently. Adding you all now, My name is ImaTarget on Epic Launcher

outlander protip: if you feel greedy, as soon you load a map, visit every attic. the quick way to do it is to build 1tile wide stairways to them, check these attics for chest, if you are fast, you can loot 4 chest that way.

in urban areas, you can build sky roads to visit every building rooft for the same thing.

I got two gold llamas today! If the whacker hits the llama, bounces off once, it’s silver. If it bounces off again, it’s gold! GOLD!

Also I found out the hard way that legendary items degrade and eventually get destroyed, since there are no schematics to build from for legendaries you’re just … SOL when that happens. 😭 Try not to die, since that adds extra degradation.

Even after many hours in on repeat missions, I am also still discovering awesome little procedurally generated areas on these maps. I found a complete courthouse, with courtroom and everything. And the internet cafe (I’ve seen that 2-3 times) is always hilarious.

The bluglo trolls are a riot, they troll the hell out of you – and show on the decorative prop TVs static if you watch long enough – but I do tire of doing the troll thing over and over. Even though it’s funny, it happens too much.

Interesting build idea

http://imgur.com./a/RbWrf

compact, it looks good, judging by what the author say, is very good / not perfect

My video for today is a re-post, from my perspective, of Tom’s stream from Friday night. I’m going to go ahead and link it here, though it won’t be active for about an hour.

A fun time was had by all!

Also, I might be on tonight recording videos. If you see me (Rick Face) online, please send me a join request! I’d be happy to have you!

I haven’t used the games voice chat, I have a TeamSpeak server Tom and I use for this stuff. Does it work OK? Should I give everyone my TS info? Are people using Discord? Do I need to finally join the Qt3 Discord?

Does it matter what our power level is though? ie. How far along the single player content we are.

I’d love to join up with some of the group!

I don’t think it really matters. I would be happy just joining someone else game and helping out as well.

The game want people to help other people shield missions. You get a lot of minillamas that way quick, and some of them can drop premium coins / base loot that help progression.

I think in the future they will add a option to find these missions in particular. It just make sense.

I’ve never not chosen the “help another player” + “quick launch” and not wound up in someone’s base defense. They’re not especially fun missions because you can’t build anything without approval from the player whose base it is, but as Teiman says, they’re super-rewarding. Plus I like to see other people’s bases, which are generally much better designed and elegantly laid out than mine.

A semi-related question: is it possible to upgrade materials from wood>stone>metal without demolishing? Or rather, how do I, who cannot figure this out, perform this simple task?

I couldn’t figure that one out either Doc…

Nor could I figure out how to craft new weapons/traps outside of a mission. It seems like once you’re in a mission it’s GO TIME. Yet It appears I have to stop and craft up traps and etc there, ones I crafted before are still in my inventory - so why can’t I make these before starting a mission.

What about if you load your home base and craft there before entering a mission? Would that work?

I’m only 1 mission into the game and couldn’t play last night thanks to the servers going down. So I’m just asking, really.

sounds like it might (but have no idea how one would do that - now that I know what to look for I bet I could find it.)