Fortnite - A New Game by Epic

I would love to play this, but I am waiting for the F2P version.

Doesn’t Qt3 have a “three strikes you’re out” policy for this kind of talk? Usually mention of F2P gets everyone to put on their grumpypants and cluck around the forum in a tizzy.

Have they done any more for save the world mode? Last i played after EA launch the second two tilesets were barely there. The quests basically stopped after the second biome, the voice acted story stopped, etc.

So hard to find accurate info since everything is about the battle royale (yuck) mode now.

I assume they abandoned the pve.

Since they’re sitting on $300 million per month hopefully they can prioritize both parts now ;)

I think there are still some updates and patches going down.

I am pretty sure the plan was to do this Battle Royale mode to help fund the PvE game, and because their devs wanted to make a BR game, and they spotted the next big trend.

I am sure they will flesh out the PVE game, as it could be a 2nd revenue stream without having to build many new assets.

Part of the reason I am hesitant to drop any $ on the game is I want to make sure the game is actually going to get updates and be supported first.

The PvE is already well worth the money imho. Regular events, ongoing bug fixes and content creation, and the missions are varied and fun.

Did they actually build out Canny Valley yet though? I stopped playing PvE when I got there (~6 months ago) since the game basically ended as far as story content at Canny Valley.

I’m still in the end stages of plankerton, level 42 i think, so not sure. There are named quests throughout canney valley and twine peaks, but I don’t know if the voice acting has been added. I like Ray (Rey?) a lot, so I hope so.

Last i played voiced story ended at plankerton.

The next zones had some quests but they were all generic ‘complete 3 stormshields’ or ‘5 survive the storms’.

I hope they finish it as the base defense was getting challenging as the elemental types started appearing.

They made the game much more fun to play.

But at the same time, a lot of the new players are selfish and lazy. They get in missions (even missions way beyond their level) to AFK or grief and ask for weapons.

So while the game is much better. The playerbase is much worse.

Yet at the same time they still have an insane amount of grinding. leveling up survivors, heroes, schematics. materials for traps, weapons, ammo… grind grind grind!

I did really like the events though!!

Grinding isn’t grinding when it’s fun? The missions and events are a good time, and why Ilike the game. The levels aren’t my motivation.

Sony sure know how to make friends.

Yeah, that’s Super Bullshit.

That is fucking stupid.

playing fortnite on PS4 (Sony) blocks you from playing on Switch (Nintendo)

huh.

I feel bad for Epic because they’ll get the blame from those who don’t understand. Flip side, go play Realm Royale (albeit probably not on PS4 or Switch for now).

This account lock stuff is insane. I figured that Epic had BR on the Switch completely cornered by being the first one there. But this is a huge screw up that’s going to turn away everyone who wants to continue their Ps4 progression on the go.

If I were developing a different BR game (looking intensely at Realm Royale), I would be diverting resources like crazy to make a port happen.

I wonder why they blocked PS4 and not Xbox since the limitation is that cross platform play is not allowed … isn’t that Sony’s policy?

Is a new level of bullshit.

• Banning Crossplay.
    Players from system A can’t play with system B. Is bullshit.

• Banning Crosssave.
    If you started a game on system A, you can’t load that savegame in system B and continue playing. Is bullshit.

• Banning whatever the hell you want to call this new bullshit.
    If you ever linked to a PSN account once. Even if you unlink that account, losing everything you have buy and the progression, you still can’t use that account to play in other systems.

Fuck you Sony!

Switch and PC and Xbox can play togueter. But PS4 can only play with PC.

In before someday say “this can be a technical issue, maybe cross* is not possible”.

Yeah, maybe. Sony has been blamed by everyone for this publicly. Epic has publicly stated (and shown) that the only thing holding it back is Sony.

I wonder what is going on with this technically though? To me, it seems like this was a decision between Epic and Sony to not have this kind of cross play. Not putting the blame on Epic here, but I am sure Sony said to them, why don’t you fix your code to match our requirements locking out crossplay, and Epic said that they are not going to do that.

Because, it doesn’t make sense that you would have to create a new account, you would think Epic could create a system where each account could have a seperate console login with a shared account, but without crossplay. I am assuming Epic put their foot down at tailoring their code for Sony. And with Fortnite’s popularity, it is Sony’s loss.

Sony does this for other games, I am able to connect to my woefully unused Ubisoft account that is linked to my Xbox and PC accounts. My EA account is linked between all of the consoles etc.

This feels to me like Epic trying to put more pressure on Sony about this.