Fortnite - A New Game by Epic

I’m bovril666 on Epic Games in case anyone is playing - I’m on European time but there’s usually a good bit of crossover at the weekends.

Any reason not to go with the cheapest tier?

I’ll send you a friend request tonight!

@marxeil I sent you a PM regarding a spare friend key.

I’m Trip Top Slake on Epic. No idea how or why I chose such a horrible name, but there it is, registered to my email address. Anyway, ignore my poor nomenclature selection and add me so we can build unwieldy zombie killing forts together.

I enjoyed both @Jason_McMaster stream, and last night’s Qt3 stream, also featuring McMaster. So I picked it up!

Add monofurioso to your Epic friend list!

I found the game lacking in depth and just not compelling enough to keep going back. I played it for months. It’s not the art style or really the defense approach or even the FPS. It just has this constant feel of non-stop instances being run. And if you have a solid and steady group, it doesn’t really matter. You’re not really building with them in the sense that anything stays… and I wound up playing the same attack 3 times, one for each member, as we defended our individual forts.

I was expecting and hoping for something different. For a quick run through though, and a go solo for awhile and then group back up together it mostly works.

This game can be supermean.

I got into a mission where I have to increase the shield of my main base. I had to return to the base many times, to fill it with traps like if the game where a turret defense game, then return and do that again 4 times. I made the two outpost shields into crazy fortress. I still got caught on my underpants when the last wave was attacking the main base… that I did not prepared!. On top of that, the game mix the normal enemies with miniboses. Crazy.

Next time I will have gurdians spawns location in every place. They teleport to where you call them, so even if you only have two of these guardians, ca move around. I used a shotgun guy in one place, with a automatic shotgun, and it was awesome. But I had not defender station in the other place :(.

I want to give advices about the things I have discovered, but I don’t rememer any just now. Ony a comment, the merge card thingie is superexpensive and don’t suppoer all qualities (forget about merging purples to get a orange)

Defend the Storm Shield 4 can be mean alone.

I grinded a lot and now I have two characters with 2 stars: the building lady and a dude with hero with purple hair that smell see loot trough walls. I use the lady for a long time, but I think I am going to make the loot collector my main, for… reasons. greedy reasons.

I picked this up today but haven’t played much yet. My in game name is BanzaiWanderer for those looking for more zombie hunters with whom to join forces.

Don’t play alone guys! Add friends or even call for in game help!

(PC) but if you buy it on PC you also can register it for PS4 and XBONE I believe.

What platform are y’all playing this on?

I’m on PC

I sent out friend invites to everyone who posted their IDs.

Also still have a spare friend key for the standard edition I am trying to sell ($25), PM me if interested. its gone!

Hit “triggercut” with friend invites! Woohoo!

Wow this is SUPER SUUUPER polished, very much befitting of a game that’s been in development this long. I’m talking mirror sheen level polish, you can see your own reflection in it. Color me impressed, after doing the tutorial and the first shield mission (also arguably part of the tutorial, but still).

I also have 2 digital standard editions to share, so PM me if you want them. Apparently I also have giftable xp boosts.

I’m curious. Can you use a gamepad on the PC version of Fortnite? If so, how does it compare to mouse and keyboard?

Also, I would initially be playing with my 15 year old son. It’s a duo enough to enjoy the content apart maybe from the bigger base attacks?

You can use use a gamepad. I see when you select it in the options, and the graphic is that of a 360 type controller. I don’t have one, so I can’t give you any feedback on how it compares. Mouse and keyboard controls are excellent.

I am really loving this game. As I get older, I find that competitive “versus” shooters are more frustrating and rage inducing as there are so many skilled players out there.

It’s got exploration, crafting, base building and great coop play. It’s a little confusing/overwhelming at first, but the game does a good job at easing you in and introducing the different systems.

My Epic ID is SirLoinsteak66 so feel free to add me.

You can play with a gamepad, and I have done so and immediately after 5 minutes thought “NOOOOOOPE.”

Interface works so, so much better with M+K, especially when you’re trying to do stuff like throw up a quick half wall in front of you to shoot behind in the middle of pitched combat.

In on pc as kono1134.

Wont be playing till later today though :(

I’m adding everyone as Lord_Pall.

My intention was to play with my son, but since he’s 5, he noped out of the zombie stuff pretty quickly.