Fortnite - A New Game by Epic

Fortnite paid access starts July 25th , you can pay today and get in today (4 days head start).

F2P is sometime in 2018. Also apparently if you buy on PC you also get it on PS4 (and vice versa).

Wait a second. You say I could play Fortnite TODAY?!!

Did you get to stream? I haven’t checked your channel in a few days. :p

Oh my, I have been wounded! Sir, you harm me!

I watched the @Jason_McMaster stream and it got me to pony up for early access, this game has a really nice look to it.

My game has a problem returning to the main menu from the first mission and I got kicked from the game. Now I am waiting in a queue.

Everyone, please, stop trying to play at the same time has me.

Got kicked again. And now I am on a second queue. It seems it will be hard to play this today.

I guess the head start is started, but someone forgot to tell the servers because they are mostly dead.

Ah the joys of an online game at launch.

Yea, and most menus require the server intervention, so is kinda critical. I just finished… humm… something, and I am here tryiing to get the rewards.

I just did the first tutorial mission before i had to head to work. I liked it and i liked the sense of humor.

Going to be hard picking between 70’ing my diablo 3 necromancer and playing this later.

I’m pretty sure my name is Rick Face on Epics stuff, add me!

Is this basically base building + Orcs Must Die? Watching a little bit of a stream right now, and that is what it looks like to me.

Yes, that’s exactly what it is

It works better now

I enjoyed watching your youtube recording of your stream @Jason_McMaster. :)

You’re a good man, Kosc!

I didn’t see it mentioned anywhere, but someone on reddit posted that as you level up a hero their appearance changes from basic to badass.

Also this wiki has lots of basic info.
http://fortnite.gamepedia.com/Fortnite_Wiki

Just got a beta invitation so I’ll try this out on the weekend!

Unreal Tournament was the first game I owned on PC iirc. Didn’t know Fornite was developed by the same company than UT, interesting.

Is a fun game. Everyone kind of get lost at the start doing their own thing, then everyone appear again to build the base and defend it. Is very organic. You can be a superbuilder and focus on building, but I think makes more sense to go around looting stuff like everyone else. They have managed to balance building, fighting and looting in a thing. I am surprised!.

I am really enjoying it, and I may have a spare key for sale if my friend backs out, I will know for sure tomorrow.