Fortnite - A New Game by Epic

Question for you fortnite gamers. My son wants me to buy save the world. I know nothing about fortnite other than I didn’t care for it. Do I need to be the deluxe version or is the basic version fine. Are the extras in that 39.99 version available through game play or in an in-game shop?

Q: If I purchase a lower-tier Founder’s Pack, can I upgrade to a higher tier later?

A: Yes, Founder’s Pack upgrades will be available at an adjusted price for players who have already purchased a lower tier. Upgrade options will only be available through the in-game store.

So basically, you can buy the cheaper one and earn stuff. If you decide you need to pay more, you’ll pay an adjusted price.

I think they have said Save the World will be free to play someday too, but it hasn’t happened yet.

Thanks. So far I can’t get it to even work. Fortnite plays all the game types work except save the world which says network error.

I don’t play fortnite anymore, but follow the news because is social influence.

They did a ingame event yesterday, heres a cinematic view a player did of it:

That was incredible.

How do these sort of things work? Did this just happen in the middle of a game? does the engine freeze players when this sort of thing is happening, or could they actually join in the fight? Does it happen repeatedly during the day of that event, or just once at a specific time, on all servers the game is being played on at the time?

In the events I have experienced, it happens at the same time on all instances of the game. Weapons are not disabled, so is out to people to ruin other people fun. Did not had that problem, but others did.
The best thing with these things, other than the event itself, is that it change the map, creating “map storytelling”.

It just happens while you’re playing. It’s pretty amazing tbh because you get your player perspective of it and that’s it. When they did the first one, I was in the middle of a match and had no idea what was about to happen (the rocket launch) other than the timer on the TVs was about to run out. It made me stop and look. Fortunately I survived the firefight I was in previous to it.

Here’s the video…

Anything interesting happening to fortnite PvE land? Aka save the world? Or it that just pretty much abandoned in terms of new development?

Save the world might be going F2P on August 1st.

Epic “We haven’t announced anything regarding timing for a F2P release.”

in the same article.

Maybe people have curiosity to “what top-level play BR looks like”

And that’s why I dislike the game. The high-level play just looks like incomprehensible garbage to me. I can watch something like Battlefield, Call of Duty, PUBG, Doom, UT, etc and it all tracks. I may never be able to do what those guys do, but it all makes sense. Fortnite, at the pro level, is all about building. It doesn’t excite me.

Yea it’s just a blobby mess. It’d be like watching football from the inside of a player’s jersey.

That does not look like fun at all.

Am I the only one who had the classic childhood homicidal Amish fantasy of rapidly raising barns from which to snipe other people? Who doesn’t want to realize that dream?

The guy looks happy, though. Are they in a real stadium? That’s all CG, right?

Per this link:

16 year-old wins $3M playing Fortnite, Ninja makes over 1M a month playing Fortnite, etc. Wow…the Gary Larson future has arrived!

But a virtual Arthur Ashe Stadium, amirite?

We’re all center court in the Arthur Ashe Stadiums of our soul.