Forza Horizon 3 - Car collecting down under

It wouldn’t look near as good or be as well designed of world. There’s a price to pay for just going for pure scale.

Crew kind of disagrees with that argument. Its geography has a lot of emptier spaces, sure (kinda like real world does), but it does provide beautiful varied world full of landmarks. That also happens to be five times bigger than Forza’s.
I realize it is just me being greedy though. Basically if either this game had Crew’s world size, or Crew had Forza’s handling/car physics and “feel” + graphics and lightning model, I would be fine either way.

I disagree after playing them both. The Crew is nowhere near as good looking. It frankly looks like a 360/PS3 game at times that’s been ported over. I could care less if it’s tens times bigger. It’s a dull boring world IMO compared to Forza. But each to his own.

When I look at the videos I recorded from both games side by side

I really, really don’t see a generational difference. Forza has better lightning model and much nicer and dynamic skies, but Crew still looks great. And its open world is full of neat landmarks and sights. Plus just being able to cruise from NY to LA with perfectly supported wheel is something no other game ever made can offer me, sadly.

The main advantage Forza has over Crew is, for me, car handling. The cars feel really, really awesome to drive in Forza. The physics just feels perfect. I am glad I can enjoy both games though, but I will keep hoping Playground Games will give us bigger, uh, playground, in the next Forza Horizon game :)

And for Ivory, hopefully they will work on their physics and collision model for their eventual Crew 2, which I dearly hope is in development and will take place in Europe.

I haven’t played Forza Horizon 3, but I know that I liked the races and events in FH 1 & 2 more than I do The Crew. I’ll probably pick up FH 3 ling after anyone is still playing it but I can race their ghosts and case times on the leader boards. Since no one will be playing, nobody will bother to beat my times :-)

I’m really beginning to warm up to this ability to just make up your own race blue-print. I was going with their suggestions on what to race for most of the events, but here for example, with my Ferrari Dino Barn Find car, instead of doing a Classic Cars race on this track, I created a blueprint for a 60s race, which let me race against a different set of cars. I lost a nail-biter to a Chevy Corvette from the 60s.

I still haven’t decided on a favorite radio station yet. Aside from the classic station, I know very few songs on these stations, but I like what I’m hearing on all of them so far.

Edit: Oh by the way, my frame rate was fine this time. It still dipped in the lower 20s sometimes, but stayed up for the most part. I guess the game did a better job of optimizing this time compared to last time.

So I got this since it’s on sale at Best Buy. I don’t have an XBox One, but I do have Windows 10. Using the Windows 10 XBox App, I signed in to my Microsoft account. Then I went to the store tab and redeemed the code. It redeemed OK, but now I can’t find where to install the game. It doesn’t appear under My Games. Can anyone point me to the right place?

Edit: Never mind. I’m not sure how I got it to recognize it, but I’m downloading now.

Hey, here’s a probably dumb question - are Xbox and windows players able to race together? If not, are their drivatars visible to one another? Or are they basically walled off?

As far as I know both are sharing the same game, you can play against xbone gamers and vice versa.

I am playing on Xbox, so I wonder if I’ve been seeing you guys in game and not recognizing I’ve got PC dudes in there. You guys playing on Windows, do you have gamertags? I know GFWL isn’t a thing anymore, but is there still something like that on Play Anywhere games? Also, since I’m spewing out questions, are all Play Anywhere games enabled for cross-platform play? Can I play against Windows gamers in Gears 4 in multiplayer?

I’m pretty sure the answer is yes, play anywhere games all seem to be cross platform.

On Windows 10, there’s an Xbox App, and I sign into it as Rock8mnky, just like on Xbox One, and that app seems to talk to Forza 3 when I’m playing that.

Ok cool, I probably heard all that in a press conference or something but I never can pay attention to press conferences.

I am using my decade old GFWL account with nickname Paul CZE. I just added Rock8man to friends, yay :)

Also, I love that this game really has all my dream cars. Not just the Testarossa above, but also 1997 Diablo

And of course Knights Industries Two Thousand :)

http://abload.de/img/kitty1u6b.png

And obviously Subaru Impreza WRX 2005.

You can add me too, gamer tag is Divedivedive naturally enough. I’m not playing as much as I used to but I do enjoy Forza as a kind of downtime or relaxing in-between game.

My go-to car in racers is the Ford GT. I love the look and feel of it. Don’t own one in Horizon 3 yet though, need to fix that.

My gamer tag is Rob C 04. Not sure why I have the spaces in there. Any way to edit it?

I own one in Horizon 3. It is a really great car. I love it. Only downside is that when I’m driving that car, I’m going up against Ferraris and Lamborghinis and whatnot. It’s very intimidating.

I’m dgallina

Having a good time with this since I picked it up on sale. My “Italian Job” custom races with all souped up Mini’s are a lot of fun :)

I just grabbed Forza Horizon 3 on sale (PC). You guys can add me too! Gamertag is ‘o Vesper o’

Fun to see your drivatars cruising around. How does the game figure out how good your drivatar should be?