Forza Horizon 3 - Car collecting down under

It depends on the PC. For me, it’s the same as Forza Horizon 4: Xbox version is smoother, with a more stable frame rate, so it feels better to play, and the PC version looks way better. But that’s because I have a powerful GPU and weak CPU on my PC.

I already own both expansions and the base game on Xbox Live, so not a deal for me. I haven’t ever tried the Hot Wheels expansions though. I should install it and see what it’s like.

I own the base game and both expansions, would be cool to see car packs go on sale.

Hot wheels is the cool one. :P
PC gives you 60 fps that is of course great… if you have a highend cpu, as it isn’t as optimized as FH4.

So I installed Forza Horizon 3 again, and made my way to the area on the map that takes you to the Hot Wheels expansion area.

On my way down there, I realized a few things:

• Wow, this game looks better than I remember, because it’s Xbox One X Enhanced on the Series X.
  • Sadly this does not mean 60fps. It plays at 30fps, and you can immediately tell the difference coming from Forza Horizon 4. I know the game has been de-listed so there’s little chance of a patch, but I’m still hoping they do that FPS Boost thing with it one day.
  • I haven’t been back to this game since I played Forza Horizon 4, and one thing is immediately obvious: Australia is huge compared to the UK iteration. There’s miles and miles of road in between places. In the UK, you’re always passing landmarks and other stuff, whereas in Australia, there’s large distances between places. It’s not better or worse, just different. It gives the game a very different feel.
  • I finally reached the Hot Wheels expansion.
  • Oh. My. God. This is bonkers.

It’s better. Lots better. Much more room to breathe and faff about in your car of choice.

is the size that different? I remember them being similar.

edit:

Not the size so much as annoying obstacle density.

I’ve been trying to work out what pink and blue means in the UK :) Does it mean you can drive on the water sometimes?

When it’s covered in ice.

Yes, in the winter, when the lakes freeze over.

Hey, this sounds awesome, let’s see about picking it up.

Oh.

Games as a Service sucks.

It’s not GaaS in this case that was the issue. They chose not to renew the paid licenses for the various cars and music in the game, so it was unlisted. They did a pretty big announcement a few months ahead of the removal so people could buy it if they wanted. Frankly it was handled better than every other delisting I’ve seen.

Yes, similar situation to the delisting of Forza 5, Forza Horizon 2, Forza 6, and then finally Forza Horizon 3. That means Forza 7 is next on the chopping block, but I suspect they might renew licenses on that one since the next Forza Motorsport won’t be ready for a while.

Is that the reason I can’t see Forza Horizon 3 as a playable, installable game on my Xbox Series X, even though the code I bought back in 2017 said it was good for Xbox as well as PC? (I never had an Xbox One). I’m condemned to playing it only on PC with insanely long load times? Am I SOL as they say?

I can install it on both. I wonder if you never installed it on an Xbox back in those days so it never activated on an Xbox while it was still listed? That’s really strange.

Did you search the store? Delisted games don’t always show up in the pre-filled lists.

But they show up in the store? Even though they are delisted? I guess like on Steam, where the entry is still there, but with no “buy” option?

My question would be the same as @Rock8man’s. Maybe the game would be visible to me if it recognized that I’d bought it.

What do you see on this page when you’re logged in with your Microsoft account?

For me it has a “install/play” button. If I pick the dot dot dot, I can pick install on my devices, and I can pick the Series X, Xbox one or my Desktop.

So if you go to the “My games and apps” button on the main screen, then down to Full Library and then All owned games, Forza Horizon 3 isn’t there? Because I bought it way back too and I have it on Xbox and PC, seems like you should too.