Founding Fathers Forum Game: A republic, if you can keep it.

Well said! If I had it to do over, I might trying giving the office even more. :)

The Draft phase is complete. @Panzeh, over to you to decide whether to publish the Raleigh Evening Mail (Democratic-Republican newspaper). Publishing gives the Liberals +1 popular support. Waiting allows the paper to be improved by spending additional IP.

Publish it.

@Ironsight has indicated to me that he will publish both of the Federalist papers.

Confirmed. I believe that leaves public support at +1 Federalists.

Support shifts to +1 in favor of conservatives. We now turn to the Round. @Panzeh, as President, is the first to act. (Speech, Whip up Support, and/or Newspaper).

Play Virginia and Kentucky Resolutions to get Jefferson an IP. Jefferson will do a speech and whip up support using his own IPs

I don’t think you can play that card. The Sedition Act is not resolved yet.

Jefferson’s inaugural address is remembered as one of the better of the early Presidents. His call to national unity and peaceful transition is cited by many future presidents. (Jefferson rolls a five. @Panzeh, want to spend the one to gain extra popularity?).

Jefferson’s speech also had the effect of increasing his standing in New England and New York, strongholds of federalist opinion. This resulted in large gains in public support for the Democratic-Republicans. (Jefferson rolls a 6 for +2 popular support).

Spend 1 faction IP to gain a popularity.

@spotlightgames, does the condition apply to both sides of the “or” on Virginia and Kentucky resolutions?

Ah, I thought that only blocked out the first option. Carry on, then.

@Panzeh Do you want to sub your remaining faction influence point?

@Ironsight, you are up next.

I’ll instead play Make an Important Speech to get the IP.

That works too.

Panzeh is correct; he can play the second option without the pre-req.

This option is there in case the card appears after the Sedition Act or if a player other than the Party Leader happens to draw it.

All right all right. That was a confusing sequence.

As moderator, I’m going to revert to the original sequence of events. Panzeh played Va. and Ky. Resolutions. Panzeh gets 1 Popularity for Jefferson (spending 2 IP) and 2 public support for the liberals (spending 1IP). Panzeh has 1 faction IP remaining.

I will return Make an Important Speech to Panzeh’s hand.

@Ironsight, over to you.

John Quincy Adams uses his personal influence to whip up support for the Federalist party.

He also uses one faction influence to renew funding for The Atlantic Patriot newspaper founded by his father.

After the election of Jefferson, John Quincy Adams set out to become the face of the Federalist Party, competing with Alexander Hamilton. Adams focused on party building, giving rousing speeches in both his New England stronghold and the southern states. (Rolled a 5, +1 support for the Conservative Party, so back to neutral).

Newspaper founded.

Over to @Navaronegun.

Please transfer one of my faction IP to @Navaronegun.