Fox News thread of fine journalism

“They’re part of its culture and history, and yet we haven’t fully assimilated African-American citizens”

No ‘slip of the tongue’ there. The ‘and yet’ makes it clear that is exactly what he intended to say.

I think he meant what he said. And I think he knew the implication. I am just not used to racists admitting it in public.

They also implicitly equate the Republican Party with “America as we know it today”.

Which includes African Americans because they helped build and create the nation but jut the buildings, anything else doesn’t count and because they still have a voice they’re not really apart of the country, I mean just look at Lemonade.

Does anyone else now watch less “normal” Fox TV. I find myself avoiding things like The Simpsons just because when I hear anything like “next on Fox” I get a slight twinge of guilt saying why am I supporting these guys.

Years ago. I don’t watch any channel with the word FOX in front of it. They hit my breaking point long before they became the Trump propaganda machine they are today. That’s television. Movies I still do. Most the time I don’t even pay attention to who is releasing what there anyway, and since Disney took that… should be good still.

It’s so weird… how can any survey of 20th century American culture not conclude that “Americanness” has been deeply, profoundly, radically imprinted by African Americans? I would say that without African Americans we would still be “England 2.0,” but that’s not quite right because England happily (and rightly) embraced those very same influences, particularly in the realm of music, with spectacular results.

What can be more deeply and impressively American than Dr. King, James Baldwin, Thurgood Marshall, Maya Angelou, John Coltrane, Little Richard, Richard Pryor? What can Laura and Pat possibly offer to compete with that? Why would anybody with eyes and ears pick that team, if teams there must be?

The more I read of history the more totally absurd these cultural silos seem to me to be. We have all been melting for thousands of years.

Heh

That’s not a mistake. It’s more evidence of the right’s campaign to demonize anybody from South and Central America. Calling refugees “Mexicans” enrages the tiny brained racists that watch this shit far more than saying Nicaraguans or Gutemalans.

And some people claim Fox doesn’t just make shit up.

Literally none of them Mexico.

Even way before Trump came along, I heard many a shithead refer to anyone from south of the border as “Mexicans”. Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Brazilians, Guatemalans… all Mexicans to them. Jamaicans, Dominicans, and Haitians are probably the only ones that wouldn’t get that moniker, and chuds already have another name for them. Folks from Belize and Suriname and Ecuador should be thrilled that most right wingers don’t even know about them.

And they can’t learn to speak English, just Mexican.

Fox reporter encounters a hella’ knowledgeable person at a cafe.

Unexpectedly the reporter wasn’t too terrible. In past encounters of this sort, they tended to move on pretty quick rather than go back from follow-up questions. However, the Fox guy did manage to sum up the impending global catastrophe as “so you’re in favor of raising taxes…”, so not a total loss for Fox viewers.

A number of the commenters have pointed out that this is just a cheap small backpack that he’s wearing backwards.

And yet, “liberals shouldn’t talk about guns because they don’t know anything about them”.

Is that a black news correspondent for Fox? Did they hire him so they didn’t have to send a blonde female to the dangerous border crisis?