Fox News thread of fine journalism

And doesn’t fill 24 hours while making the sponsors happy.

What they do now doesn’t fill 24 hours. In the 8 hours I am at work they re-run the same programming every 3 (?) hours I think. Being on the west coast I see it that way anyway.

True, imagine you had like 5-10 minutes of content and had to make that last 24 hours, though.

Cable news is forced to do analysis and local crap because the reality is that new things don’t happen every hour of the day. Which is what makes their “Breaking News” such bullshit anymore. It’s never breaking, it’s always something we already knew or irrelevant, but you have to keep people watching.

Which is why Fox was the king of the pack for so long. They didn’t need news, they made their own.

Don’t get me started on the “Breaking News” bullshit.

I just wanted to say I agree 100%. Nicely put.

I see what you did there.

Even then, I’m appalled at myself for how frequently I hit F5 on the Washington Post’s site and feel disappointment to find the same stories that were there 30 minutes ago. C’mon, people, are you taking a cigarette break or something?

I blame the 24-hour news cycle.

-Tom

yeah +

Tucker Carlson - Tax cheat?

The Daily Caller is a media success story, a conservative news site that in seven years of existence has become one of the most called-upon outlets in White House press briefings and helped vault its co-founder, Tucker Carlson, to a prime-time hosting gig on Fox News.

Yet the website owes some of its fortune to a peculiar business structure that enables it to increase revenue while reducing its tax obligation.

Most of the roughly 50 journalists who produce content for the Daily Caller actually work for the Daily Caller News Foundation, a tax-exempt organization with 501(c)(3) status that is ostensibly separate from DailyCaller.com. The two entities share the same floor of the same Washington office, however, and virtually everything produced by the foundation — which accepted $3 million in donations in 2015, according to an IRS filing — appears on the for-profit website, which sells advertising on the articles.

In practice, the foundation functions less like journalistic nonprofits such as ProPublica or FactCheck.org, which do not have for-profit affiliates, and more like an in-house wire service for DailyCaller.com — a wire service that doesn’t pay taxes on the millions of dollars that fund its work.

That sure looks illegal.

It may well be too anti-Russia for Fox.

Why would she be patriotic? The character was never American to begin with.

She started out during World War 2, and originally had a American-flag themed outfit with stars on the shorts and an eagle on the blouse. But looking at Google images, she never really seemed to get the sort of flag-waving cover art the other major heroes got during the war.

Fox must be thinking of the first season of the 70s TV show, which had her (wearing the star-spangled costume) working with the Americans during World War 2. It came out during the Bicentennial, so there was probably a bunch of flag-waving cross promotion at the time.

So a Fox panel investigated whether or not the Wonder Woman movie is patriotic enough?

Compared to other superhero movies it’s certainly lacking–how shall I word it–the appropriate level of covfefe.

Are you some kind of an idiot? Even Trump knows how to spell that correctly.

jesus mary and joseph this meme cannot die soon enough

jesus mary and joseph trump cannot die soon enough

I’m torn between my utter distaste for comic book superhero movies, and contempt for Human Suppository Neil Cavuto.