Fox News thread of fine journalism

How Russian Propaganda Spread From a Parody Website to Fox News

We may be witnessing, in real-time, the creation of a mirror universe.

In a mirror universe, does Eric Bolling have an IQ over 85?

Oddly enough, no.

It reflects over a vertical axis to become 58.

State propaganda aka Fox is upset about a NYC play:

donnie jr weighs in

The play in question?
Julius Caesar.

The same thing happened a while back only it was Obama and it was fine.

Art is often political speech, and no, that doesn’t change things. Having said that, I think this approach to this play was in poor taste.

Probably the best advertisement for this play. They couldn’t have purchased better marketing.

Yup! In fact the same exact play

So Don Jr can fuck off.

Did anyone here raise a stink? Did the President have his children and family denounce the play? Did the president pressure sponsors to pull support?

What a bunch of snowflakes.

It’s almost like Conservatives forget to look in a mirror after using the phrase “libtard snowflakes go to your safe spaces”.

I’m happy to send them a copy of Aristotle’s Poetics though.

Christ, producing Shakespeare plays so that the leads resemble contemporary leaders is pretty much as old as Shakespeare himself.

Hell, that author for the American Conservative basically stated it was the only way to make that particular play palatable. Not that I agree, but it is a long tradition. Really, aside from a play like Henry IV where the story is inimically linked to a specific time and place, adapting to modern times is more or less the main reason a big theater company does these plays anymore it seems. We’ve all seen the traditional way many times. So to justify a big production you really need to either up the spectacle, or do some twist on the story.

Though, in fairness, I’ve looked and they appear not to have commented on this story at the American Conservative. So not logically inconsistent yet.

The anti-example here:

Jesus I think I’m a little in love.

I do believe the special ingredient there is just two little words; Even and Though.

In fairness, Trump’s 7 months of job creation includes the Christmas hiring spree.

Oh, wait.

It reminds me of those alien TV shows. You know, ancient aliens, have aliens created us from slime. That kind of thing. The phrase that is used constantly is: If aliens [did thing], as alien researchers theorize. I can’t help but watch these things on a slow Sunday afternoon. The wife and I have decided that it should be a drinking game. Any time someone says the key phrase, we say, DRINK! But we don’t. Because, if we did, we’d be shitfaced in 20 minutes.