Frostpunk - This War of Mine, steampunk, apocalyptic snow

Yeah, releasing the same day as Battletech is a problem. I may have to wait for impressions of both.

Those streamers don’t sound Eastern European. Is this a bait-and-switch or something?

It’s worse than Eastern European, they are British. ;)

Saw this on their twitter from a few days ago:

Also a small write up here:

And the GOG page is working for pre-orders:

https://www.gog.com/game/frostpunk?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

FACTS!

Humble pre-orders are up! 10% off for monthly subscribers.

Does this game only come with the one map? Do you keep expanding that circular area the entire game? Do you branch out into other parts of the world?

From what I can see, it’s a single map and only three story scenarios. No free-play, or random terrain, or anything like that. I could be wrong, but based on the review build, that’s what I’m seeing. :(

-Tom

I don’t necesarly see it as a bad thing, if there is enough content in that one map for replayability.

I somehow missed posting this trailer, t’was good.

That trailer makes me wish you could walk around in first-person mode and experience all the grittiness and despair up close and personal. And your people will either clap as you walk by… or throw mud at you. That would be a more interesting way to gauge how you’re progressing than looking at status bars.

15% off over on GMG , same as the Humble store price if you take the 5% cash back instead of giving to charity (you monster!).

So as you play you have to choose one of two paths…

Path of Faith:

Path of Order:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/323190/discussions/0/1696040635902826494/

Sounds very Anno 2070 (in a good way).

Hold the phone. They just quoted Søren Kierkegaard!

NOW this game is on my radar and shot to the top of my wishlist.

If you’re gonna commit to some 19th century philosophizing, Kierkegaard is your guy. He had the philosophy chops to hang with the heavy hitters, but also more ability as a writer than pretty much anyone. If you have to slog through some Marx/Engels or Hume or Mill or even Nietzsche, when you get to Kierkegaard, it’s like when Wizard of Oz goes from black and white to technicolor.

Quite true, I found his writing almost poetic (and I am only reading the translations). I also believe that many of his concepts apply just as much to our contemporary times. His The Crowd is Untruth and similar concepts almost presage the reality of our online culture and social media. His work has retained a lot of relevance for me.

So in addition to the main campaign, there will be 2 scenarios.

1 more day till release.