Frostpunk - This War of Mine, steampunk, apocalyptic snow

My first attempt at The Last Autumn failed when I didn’t meet the deadline for the first two sections of the furnace. I didn’t realize there was a deadline for a while and then notices I was late. I almost caught up, well I did but then something bad happened like a worker strike and it set me back again.

I love the narrative bits of the game.

I think The Last Autumn finally beat me down. I tried 3 times, and the last time I made it to the last stage but it kicked me in the nuts and laughed at my pain. I think the things that is Frostpunk’s strength also makes it not have much replayability. The scenario unfolds the same way, so you take what you learned in a run and try again. Eventually that gets a bit boring. The first run or two is really good while everything is new.

Has anyone beat this scenario here, or at least tried it yet?

Final DLC teaser trailer:

Just in time. I’ve managed to win the “Last Autumn” scenario a couple times this last week.

Everything became much easier once I figured out how to get penal colonies and 24 hour shifts.

Based on the video, I wonder if the DLC will be trying to survive in a ruined city that you can’t rebuild the generator? Because they already have the scenario (in endless) where you find a blown up generator and have to rebuild it before the cold really sets in.

Doing the scenario where you have to protect the seed vaults, and its damn hard.

4 losses in a row, I just can’t get the build order in place, as I keep running out of coal too soon, before I can get mines up and running.

90% of this game is seeing the fail screens. :P

Guess I had to come on here and complain, because 2 hrs later and 1 more restart and I got it! Gotta get that coal production and scouting going asap.

9-29-2020 1-15-20 AM

This game is pretty tough! I have survived 8 or 9 days so far, but man, food is a serious burden. I installed this out of idle curiosity when it was given away for free, but I am finding myself captivated by it. There are other games I was playing, but now when I think about playing a game I mostly just fire up Frostpunk.

Moar sawdust!

I have almost bought is several times on the PS4, but never did. I grabbed it this morning and have played most of the day.

I seem to have lucked into doing OK in my first game. I am on Day 17 and just hit my first big speed bump they laid down for me, but I think I’m researching/building my way out of it.

It’s all pretty engaging.

Doing much better than my many failed attempts at This War of Mine. :)

The base Frostpunk game is free on Epic games until June 10. If you ever want to try it out, now is the time.

I chose soup instead.

This game became too depressing to play after a while.

Yeah, I’ve had to make some decisions about accepting refugees and it’s unpleasant.

Still chugging along, though. It’s really clever and well balanced. On about day 30.

Same. I’ve been probably 75% souping.

Woohoo! First try. A winner is me. :)

That was brutal. 284 souls survived. 30 degrees Celsius. Not sure what that means. Wish there was some sort of best finish log.

I’ll never do this well again.

Decided to check out some of my Epic freebies and fired this up. Not far in but great atmosphere so far. Need to get these whiny survivors licked into shape. And their lazy children.

It does have really good atmosphere.

Which is nice, because otherwise they would die horribly, gasping!

monkey_hitting_drums_and_giving_a_look.gif