FTL - Spaceship Roguelike Thing

A friend on Twitter recently made me aware of this Roguelike thingy that takes place on a spaceship, and looks pretty cool:

http://www.ftlgame.com/

So I figure I’d share it with y’all. I’m gonna try it out tonight, so I’ll report back with impressions, but I like the idea of it. :)

Edit: Damn, didn’t realize the file had a password earlier. Arg. I’ve sent them a press request to check it out, so I’ll let y’all know what happens.

Please let this one break the cycle!

FTL != For the Lose, I hope.

Cycle?

Edit: Ooooohhhh, hahahaha

That looks awesome!

Will keep this on the radar…thanks Brian.

I’m not much for roguelikes, but did look potentially very interesting.

A shame it is only available to IGF judges at the moment.

interesting

Looks neat.

Looks interesting. Hope it makes it to steam.

I got a reply, which stated:

“FTL is still pretty early in development so we probably will be waiting a few months before we divulge too much information.”

Sigh, I’ll ask 'em to keep me apprised so I can do a preview.

Have you done a preview yet of Drox Operative?

Nope, again, not ready to be released.

Though it’s been a while, so I’ll ask. ;)

You let me down.

Awesome! It looks a like a computer version of Battlestations!

Wow, it really does. I wonder if that’ll be a problem…

Looks good. Let’s see if it appears on Steam.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought this!

It looks a lot like a board game I am working on. I am really digging this modular ship idea in games like Galaxy Trucker, Eclipse, and Battlestations.

This looks potentially awesome, I just hope there’s more to do than blow up enemy ships. I love at 00:40 where you can see the enemy crew on board their ship trying to put out a fire with fire extinguishers.

Yeah, this looks really slick. I love the concept!

No idea what they are calling it, but given we are talking about spaaaaaaaaaace it’d usually mean Faster Than Light(speed).