G4tv canceled

I believe the accepted line these days is that Munn is very funny in person, but just not a very good comedic actor.

Yeah she was pretty bad on the Daily Show. Pathetic really. But that new girl on the Daily Show, the black one (can’t recall her name), she is brilliant! Funny as hell!

Ugh. Don’t bump old threads with wrong titles. I was really pleased for a second. I never forgave G4 after the TechTV buyout.

It’s too bad about Sessler, but he’s better off being able to stretch his wings.

Anyway, wow. Too bad about not even getting a five-second g’bye on the show.

Maybe he can use his free time to start posting here again.

I think this thread was about a show on g4tv called g4tv, hence the confusion. My memory is not what it once was.

In other G4Tv news…Kevin Pereira is leaving Attack of the Show. No word yet as to why.

The Morgan Webb TV channel is going to be awesome.

Rumor has it he turned 21 and reported in to the Sleepshop.

Well the announcement stated that he wants to work full time on his production company Super Creative or something.

I was never a big fan of his shtick which seemed to me to be a mediocre Conan O’Brien impression mixed with some very crude humor (that played about as well as a clown at a funeral), so it doesn’t really affect the likelihood of me tuning in to AOTS in the future (which wasn’t very high to begin with).

He did seem like he actually knew what he was talking about most of the time, though, and he conducted interviews well enough, so uh…there’s your kind parting words. I’m sure whatever he does in the future will be more successful than the train wreck he’s left behind.

Oh okay, I wondered if it was something like that, ala Chris Hardwick who is basically doing full-time Nerdist and comedy stuff.

I like Kevin well enough, and I’m sorry to see him go, but I’m interested to see what he does going forward.

I liked him wayyyy back in the day when he was a kid doing proto-podcasts as Captain Immy. I found him incredibly annoying on AoTS, but I imagine a lot of that was the direction and production values of that shamefully low-brow show.

Yeah, I never liked TV Pereira either, but he was actually really funny and smart on the Carolla podcast. So his next gig will likely be better for him.

It was sad to see him leave but I’m sure he’s glad to be out of there and I’m sure he will be successful. G4 is now dead to me!

Well that is surprising. Not that he was fired, he obviously didn’t just “decide to go a different way” and then be unemployed for 6 months so he was either fired or quit acrimoniously, but that he doesn’t know why that happened. Even if they had already decided to kill gaming programming, why let the talent leave so early? Maybe his contract was up… but no, he would know about that.

Interesting. He was basically there one week then gone the next and never ever mention again. I was hoping they would bring him back for the final episode but alas they didn’t. The channel had become pretty terrible over the last few years but I kind of miss it now that it’s gone.

That really sucked about Sessler’s firing. Unless he was reputed to be really difficult to work with or something, I suspect age-ism.

I assume that in the case of both Adam and Kevin that when the time came to redo their contracts the higher ups already knew they’d be changing formats and didn’t have any interest in signing contracts with talent they were planning to jettison within the next year anyway.

Sessler is a truly interesting guy, from the perspective of an oldschool gamer. I wish he’d kickstart a show or somesuch, he’s pretty much the only reason I ever watched techtv or g4tv.

He’s working at revision3 now, putting up reviews and whatnot regularly. They’re on youtube.