G4tv canceled

That would make sense except if I recall Periera left of his own devices while Sessler was just let go and became persona non grata. They had a big thing when Kevin was leaving and got to say goodbye to everybody on air. While like I stated above Sessler was on today one day and never seen again afterwards with no mention of him at all from that point forward.

What the heck is this??

My guess is something to do with game streaming, or perhaps an online endeavor, not a TV channel. But we shall see!

Somehow the world can support two gaming-focused networks now? Doubtful…

Sure. They aren’t TV channels, they’re producing content for YouTube and such. That means extremely low production costs. Even very successful YouTube channels like Linus Tech Tips have under two dozen employees, and they release maybe 10 videos per week.

No Portal, no sale.

I really used to love the complete batshit weirdness that this show became.

Is the compression on that video horrible or is my newish monitor colorbanding like a motherfucker?

Holy heck.

The reunion was silly but fun, for those of us who enjoyed the channel there at the end. I was said no Alison Haislip, who was always my favorite from the channel (and is my internet girlfriend) aside from a very brief snippet, but I enjoyed it anyway.

Plus, the introduction at the end of Xavier Woods as being integral to the relaunch feels like a big deal. He has a big fanbase, huge social media following.

I’m interested to see what they do with this. I really enjoyed G4, banality and all.

To think, after 15 years, Kevin Periera would end up looking the worst out of all of them.

Thanks for posting that reunion. It’s been a long time since I’ve been in a house with cable TV, but I do have many happy hours of watching XPlay lodged in some deep crannies of memory.

I wish them luck on the reboot implied by the very end of the video. What would that look like, a number of YouTube streams and channels? An actual cable network? Would people still watch?

The rest of the channel was cringy drek but I did like Xplay.

Olivia Munn was way cooler back on G4, before she tried to become a “real” actor.

She was just one of the many breathtakingly attractive models they cringingly hired to staff their network. All in tight outfits and heels. Very FOX News.

I loved Xplay and AotS, but my favorite was Portal for just how WTF weird it got.

Playmate Sara Underwood was on AotS for a time, as well. She’s…lovely. But based on everything I’ve seen, she (and many of the girls they staffed) has a genuine love for the stuff she was covering. She’s a huge Star Wars fan, and used to be pretty into video games. Haislip is a bonafide nerd, and so is Morgan Webb. I have seen no such evidence of Munn, but people sure liked her.

I don’t have any opinion on their gaming bone fides one way or the other other than Webb, who I do believe is a gamer. The other women were just, if you’ll forgive the term, visually stunning. Combined with how they were dressed, it was embarrassing pandering.

Eh, Munn was a good looking woman, but I think what I liked about her on ATS was that she acted like a fairly normal person. Like, I got the impression that she actually liked the crap she was dealing with on that show, rather just being a pretty face.

I also don’t recall her wearing tight outfits and high heels, but maybe she did.

She was honestly pretty awesome in Newsroom. Her plotline with Don wound up being one of my favorites in the show.

She’s the only one that went on to have any sort of career so yes, the most talented of the bunch. They definitely had her in tight outfits and heels, try a google image search.