Galactic Civilizations 3 announced

Hmmm, good question, I can’t remember! But a better question is why you’d want to do so! :)

I saw some people complaining that mercenaries can cause balance issues with the AI, that they change some aspects of the gameplay… perhaps I’d never want them off, but I’d like to know if I have the option.

You should be able to disable the DLC in steam; right click on the game going to properties. Uncheck that DLC.

Well, I was hoping it was an option when creating a new game, because turning the DLC off in Steam means you don’t have the extra races.

Ah I see. I really like them, they’re similar to the leaders from Endless Legend. I didn’t get good enough at the game to have to worry about AI balance issues.

They need to make it the new races and the mercenaries can be disabled separately.

That’s a good point. They’re working on an update to Mercenaries to make the crews get experience points.

1.8, which is coming out in June I believe, adds asteroid mining and a bunch of UI improvements and perf improvements.

BTW, Stardock is hiring engineers right now for its Plymouth Michigan office if you know anyone looking.

The Builder’s Kit DLC is out today. :)

New Ship Parts
Use dozens of core and specialized parts in shapes like disks, boxes, cockpits, fins, and more!

New Labeling Options
Use letters and numbers to enhance your ship designs and show off your creative names!

New Ship Style Set
The new Raider style allows you to outfit your custom factions with a new look to their starbases, shipyards, and more!

Does this DLC also include the feature to start together as a tea- ow, ow, ow! Stop! Stop! Ayeeeeiiiiieeee.

I lol’d :)

Was it a happy, convivial laugh, or more of an evil mastermind laugh, one boomed out from a high-backed chair wherein you play the special, internal-only build of GC3 that’s had team-starts since last year?

My chair has a high back, that much is true…

+Like

That one is from inspector Gadget, no?

Yes, it is. I was going to point that out, but I would look like a massive nerd, so I didn’t. ;)

Hey, every weekend when I was a kid, it was Inspector Gadget time on Sky Channel from 8 or 9 am on “Fun Factory” with some DJ host…

I looked like I have a good memory you meant to say :P

I bet Dr. Claw is enjoying a nice game with teams starting next to each other.

-Todd

Keep in mind that “massive nerd” is actually a compliment if it comes from me. ;)

Massive nerd? I don’t know about your country, but in mine everyone (of my generation) knows who it is!

Patch 1.8 is out, with multiple improvements and tweaks. I’m very glad to see how this game is improving.