Game box art challenge?

The Incredible Machine?

This is a very good guess! It is also not right!

Good eye for those of you who recognized this as Epyx. Bonus reveal due to that.

Silent Running: The Game

The term ā€œChips n Bitsā€ is popping into my brain for some reason, but I canā€™t remember if thatā€™s a game or a retail store.

Chipwits

Ex-SWoo gets it!

Iā€™m sure everyone is shocked, shocked, that I picked another programming game.

Wait - does this mean Iā€™m next? Hmm - how is everyone doing the unmasking? I usually donā€™t do much in the way of art manipulation.

If you know how to use layers in e.g. GIMP, you can make a full black layer, and delete bits.

If not, with a little planning, you can just use black rectangles in e.g. MS Paint and take the shots in reverse order.

Or use paint.net and create a second layer that you paint all black, and cut ā€˜holesā€™ in to reveal (my method)

Got it - Iā€™m using a pixelbook right now at work so I donā€™t think I have much in the way of tools. Iā€™ll post something when I get home later tonight.

Take the game box off your shelf, lay it on the floor, and place a sheet of black construction paper over it. Cut a small rectangle in the construction paper to reveal a portion of the box art. Take a photo. Voila!

I thought everyone did it this way?

Alright, letā€™s give this a shot! (my reveals are in circles since I couldnā€™t figure out how to be square)

That feeling when you are positive you know what the game is but donā€™t want to guess because you literally just did a round and canā€™t deal with the stress.

EDIT: iā€™m wrong!

First thought was Sanitarium but box shape is wrong.

Itā€™s a SNES game (shape and logo snippet) and that reminds me of Donkey Kong peepers, so, Donkey Kong Country?

Nope - not Donkey Kong Country.

Hereā€™s the second pic.

Gambare Goemon?

ā€¦technically youā€™re wrong but Iā€™ll give it to you :)

Itā€™s The Legend of the Mystical Ninja - (a.k.a. Ganbare Goemon: Yukihime KyÅ«shutsu Emaki)!