Game box art challenge?

Megaman?

Wait a damn second, The Guardian Legend!?! Thatā€™s not the box art we had in the U.S.!

It was more like this:

220px-TGL_Box

Great choice. My brothers and I loved this game. We never owned it, but we rented it a lot from a local VHS movie rental store.

You got it, despite all my tricky ways :O

Man, for the longest time I was so zeroed in on the idea of a space ship orbiting some metal space station of moon. Who knew it was just metallic fairy armor?

Iā€™ll have an entry up in a couple hours.

Round 1: FIGHT!

Some pretty good guesses so far, but nothing quite on the nose yet. Maybe this next image will do just the trick:

Super Mario Bros.

Stop drawing on your boxes

But how else will I mark them as my own?

And no, it is not Super Mario Bros.

Update v3.0

Man I want donuts right now.

That looks so familiar.

Dead Cells for Switch?

Wow, weā€™re even choosing platforms now!

But no, itā€™s not Dead Cells.

Oh, wait, I know why itā€™s familiar! Iā€™ve finished this game! Steamworld Dig 2?

trp

DING DING DING DING!!!

Iā€™m still playing through it myself, too. I was trying to keep myself from choosing another game from my pixelated youth.

Donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever won before. What program do you guys use to create your images? Paint? Irfanview? Whatā€™s easy to use?

I just use this. If you always edit on the same machine you donā€™t have to create an account, I didnā€™t:

I donā€™t know how versed you are with image editing, but without trying to drown you in details:

After you have an image open:

1. Create a new layer (+ sign over on the right next to base image)
  2. Paint THE LAYER black (big marker or paint brush on left)
  3. Set the transparency to 50% or so while you edit THE LAYER so you can see what youā€™re doing (click three dots way over on right on the layer for drop-down)
  4. Cut out sections from THE LAYER as you reveal (a Scissor button on left, be sure to select REMOVE)

Save and upload each iteration.

Heh; shape of the box, and picking a title that I doubt saw physical release on other platforms.

Hehe, a big reason I selected this game is because it, and games like it (many indie and AA games), saw physical releases on Switch and nowhere else. So many games now days donā€™t even have genuine box art any more, just Steam title pages or Microsoft Store thumbnails etc.