Game box art challenge?

Yup. This game have one of the best way to handle random encounters. Also each of the characters play different and the game is actually challenging. Grinding doesn’t help too much and can actually be a deterrent 1/3 into the game. Top 3 SNES RPG for me.

Damn, whiffed right next to it with my guess!

Yours reminded me of it. :)

I’ll have a new box shortly. I remember really liking this game, but it got super hard… probably because I picked the wrong character to start with. There was also clanky robot noises every single step. Don’t think I finished it (rental).

Yeah some of the characters are harder to play than the others and there is one boss that will level with you. If you’re not careful, that boss will become near impossible.

Yeah, definitely had problems with a boss. One of the other characters iirc.

Here we go, good luck guys:

freddy1

Mystical ninja?

Not one of those.

Captain Novolin?

freddy2

This looks so familiar. I have to think about this. I think this is a weird westernized version of a Japanese boxart. Or vice versa.

That girl hair girl is looking into my soul.

Does more hair help?

freddy3

Nope. The girls’s face is still extremely familiar. I want to say Y’s?

Nope. The name of this game is pronounceable.

freddy4

freddy5b

Haircuts During Quarantine The Game

SNES Gnome Football Cup?

Secret of the Stars? I was the only RPG on the SNES that I didn’t finish. I used to work at a video store so I finish everyone one of them multiple times but SotS was so boring and forgettable.

Close enough! I’ll give you this one.

freddy

I also didn’t finish it. I don’t remember it being awful, but there were other games I wanted to rent instead of playing this more.

Yeah it wasn’t awful but it utterly bland. More importantly it was a slow, long and easy game which hits my checkbox of things I would never touch.

There was sequel on the PS1 if I recall correctly.

I’ll post something tomorrow.

the name is Tecmo Secret of the Stars?

As beautiful as that cover.