Game box art challenge?

‘play this game where you mercilessly hunt down and kill civilian transports!’

1/10, brought the US into the war.

Looks like the Titanic or something. This is not a guess.

Until this frame I thought it was a ship in space. At least now I know it’s in the sea!

I don’t know of a Poseidon Adventure: The Game, so I’ll go with a different theme: Robinson’s Requiem. (I have no idea what the cover for that game was, so it could easily be this)

Okay, time for almost the full monty.

http://imgur.com/a/1anWD

I have no idea I’ll try and guess the genre at least : text adventure game.

Not at all!

Somebody, put this jewel of a game out of its misery T__T

Unfortunately this told me nothing I didn’t already know. The aspect ratio told me the system, but damned if I know the actual game.

I looked it up, yep, never heard of it. Not saying much though, I barely played the SNES.

Man, someone should really Save @Left_Empty’s Soul.

ps: I have (had) no idea what this game is. Having look it up, I was totally right about it being (based on) the Poseidon Adventure.

http://i.imgur.com/uKNBBiR.gif?noredirect

So I don’t think anyone got it without looking it up, but I can say for certain that Pod knows exactly which game it is.

@LeeAbe I was the same. I had a Genesis, and no friends with SNES.

No way! If you put up a game no one’s heard of, you lose. That’s how this game works. And your punishment for it is to post another game.

… and now I’m sad. :/

So that was SOS, aka Septentrion, a side-scrolling “rogue-lite” (teehee) action-adventure game set on board a ship, made by Human Entertainment and probably the same team that will later commit Clock Tower if I had to make a guess.
You got 2 hours of real time to escape the ship, with various starting points and goals depending on the passenger you decided to play as at the start.
The layout of the ship and the events of the catastrophe are the same through all playthroughs - the game was even bundled with a map of the Septentrion.
It is an incredibly atmospheric game (for the time, at least) with a wonderful soundtrack.
Sadly, it is a bit let down by the stiff controls, especially a troublesome jump mechanic, and the other passengers’ pathfinding when you ask them to follow you.
If you haven’t played it, you may have missed one of the most unique games around.

The next one is a crotch.

Edit: Eat that wall of text: trying to create a layout with the “details” command is just calling for an endless string of bugs here.

I had a SNES, and worked at Babbage’s during the SNES era, and I still didn’t recognize it! :)

One of the things that made Mario so great is that it performed well at the core parts of a side scroller: running and jumping, and did nothing but that. I guess this game went too far in terms of features, which caused the core parts to filter, perhaps this is why no one has heard of it? :P

As for the crotch: dr robotniks mean bean machine.

Dang, I got carried away enjoying a game I, objectively and supported by data, shouldn’t have been! Please make sure you never try Septentrion out, or you might fall prey to the same mistake ;)

Now I am angry, so take that mullet+crotch in your face:

Edit: Oh my god, he’s got a gun too!

Or maybe it’s a flamethrower…

I have no idea what the game is but I want to play it?

Mad Max for the cpc?

That was precisely why I fell prey to the ugly marketing and bought the thing, much to my dismay :(
I had forgotten to check, and damn: the US and European covers of this game got nothing in common.
This is the European one.

Flamethrower confirmed. (and don’t look at the edit -_-)

Bomb Jack. It most certainly isn’t but it’s the only game I remember playing on my friends Amstrad.

I only made a guess to say that this cover is really really rad.

For info, the game was released for pretty much all the usual platforms (and even some less usual, like DOS CGA and MSX, I learned earlier today!).

Wow, so not only are the games things I’ve never heard of, but now I’ve never heard of the systems! :-)