Game box art challenge?

It’s some kind of prequel to Brutal Legend where you play Peter Frampton with a flamethrower.

Glad I’m not the only one who thought of General Lionwhite!

I found it by Googling some search words associated with the clues given, but I’ve never, ever, ever heard of the game. And I was playing a lot of games at the time when it was released.

I’ve never seen that art, but maybe some version of Gryzor/Contra?

Made (or, more accurately, sold) by Alan Sugar, Britain’s answer to Donald Trump.

Well, I thought this would bring back memories to some, but I was obviously wrong.
Maybe the insane marketing campaign was hammering continental Europe only?

It was Trantor, the Last Stormtrooper.

Technically the game was very decent (at least on the CPC, programmed by yikes David Perry), but, boy, what a boring and uninspired side-scroller.
Music credits to David Whittaker, though you can’t hear it, even watching those amazing title screens.

Okay, let’s get to stuff that will be probably guessed in one shot!

Huh. That art was super familiar but the name is not ringing any bells at all. Seems it didn’t come out on the Beeb.

I want to be that dude.

As for the new frame: Caesar 2?

Seven Cities of Gold?

That’s obviously correct. Do we need Left_Empty to say so?

Edit: Pretty sure that Discourse gives you no idea that I’m replying directly to LeeAbe rather than just talking to the thread as a whole. Weak UI decision. So I will do the thing that wumpus hates and add in a quote! :)

Is it correct? I didn’t check. Only reason I guessed it was because I was going to use it last week but didn’t for whatever reason. It will be a couple hours until I can get something up.

It gives a reply indication sometimes though… look at the top right of Ginger_Yellow’s last post:

edit: and this post!

It only shows that reply indication if there are 1+ posts between your reply and the post you’re replying to. If your reply comes immediately after the post you’re replying to, it’s absent - and I agree that it is confusing in terms of UI, even if I can understand why it is that way.

Ah, thanks for the explanation.

Free! I am free!

Yeah, I should have made it clear that I knew how it worked, and specified. :/

The problem for me is that it is different in those two cases. I’m sure that to wumpus thinks it just looks like visual clutter, but to me I hate not being able to tell if the reply is directly referencing the prior post or just the thread generally.

I agree with you. The way it is now is not only inconsistent (which is a cardinal sin in UI design), it also fails to relay relevant information, because this way you don’t get to know if the post following yours is a reply to your post specifically, or just a normal reply to the thread. I’m curious to see what @wumpus thinks of that.

Lemmings 2: The Tribes?

Ermmm. . . trivial pursuit?