Game box art challenge?

I would have gotten it with the first screen but missed it-- over the years I spent many times looking at the cover of this game trying to decide if the overall complexity was worth the supposedly cool tactical combat. In the end, I never played it :-P

My pick is a game that has been quite forgotten, I think, so let’s cut straight to the violence:

Definitely knows it as well, can’t pinpoint it either.
Not a greatstreak here.
I’ll throw another random name, like Rolling Thunder.

Saboteur?

Nope to those two.

Some strange, non-orange version of No One Lives Forever?

I was confused for a long time here. “THAT’S NOT BARBARIAN”. So I went to Moby Games… and it looks like it IS Barbarian. Just not the proper one ;).

Turns out there were two games called Barbarian released in 1987. Weird.

As for the new cover: Jagged Alliance2: Wildfire?

When I pointed that out in another thread, I was told the name was different in the US. I guess we just weren’t as stingy about using a common word as a name and copyrighting it on our side of the Atlantic ;)

I have such a terrible memory. (As evidenced by the fact that I forgot Jet Strike contained Helicopters).

No correct answers yet. Maybe this will jog some memories?

Well, I was mistaken: no idea what it is.
That hand looks like a photo, while the gun looks inserted? What is going on?!

I know, right? I wonder what kind of genre/technique gave us such consistently jarring mixtures of art styles…

Also, I don’t know a thing about guns, real or otherwise, but I’m pretty sure that’s not the right way to handle one!

Haha, it’s The Daedalus Encounter, also known as “that game with Tia Carrere”, isn’t it? I remember that box!

And rhamorim gets it!

I still have my boxed copy. This was a strange game in which you basically played a brain implanted in a drone of some sort. Instructions were provided by Tia and the other guy looking and talking straight into the camera. The acting was hilarious, gameplay was a point & click fare in the vein of The Journeyman Project. The interface was simply ugly and the FMV viewport was the size of a stamp. Good times :-P

Oh I remember that game, but not that cover.
It was on that horrible failure, the standard of that “multimedia” madness that was menacing my favorite hobby, the 3DO.

Ah the golden age of shifty FMV games

Night Trap!

@rhamorim don’t forget you’re up.

I forgot! To make up for it, here’s a really, really easy one. I think.

Gladiator 2: Stalingrad Colosseum

Second frame: