Game graphics that give you warm and fuzzy feeling

I’ve never heard of Rebelstar but it looks awesome!

I always assumed your avatar was from Wizard of Wor.

That carpet took a significant while to fill in :)

Anyone else?

Oh, jeez, this just made me remember one of the most beautiful images in video games:

That bottom one isn’t Karateka, is it?

You would be correct in thinking it is Karateka.

Hmmm. Warm and fuzzy feelings are really tied up not only with graphics but also with childhood nostalgia. So I have to go all out German / Amiga on this one!

First off, the original Settlers by Blue Byte:

Second, Bundesliga Manager Professional. Manager games switching to 3d game scenes in the years after? All crap, if you ask me! So many hours spent watching those pixelated game scenes, despite not being a football fan myself!

bundesliga-manager-professional-pc-3v10_resized_1020_wm

Third, Ascon’s (later Ascaron) the Patrician. Watching that Hanse world map never got old for some reason. I tried getting into the later ones, but just couldn’t. It felt so tedious and so much like work!

Last, Oldtimer by Max Design. Such an atmospheric game! The art direction is just superb on this one. Unfortunately, it was also a bit of a buggy mess and not that much fun to play…

… looking at this list, I guess warm and fuzzy graphics equate to VGA simulation games, at least to me! :-)

great shots there, absolutely loved the original Settlers, looked amazing in action

Gandalf goes through the window.

Thorin sits down and starts singing about gold.

And as no-one else has I suppose I’d better go with the original and best :)

A far cry from 40 years later.

One of the first PC games I ever played co-op, used keyboard and joystick combo, very fond memories here too.

One of the more colourful Close Combat games, always have a lot of nostalgia for A Bridge Too Far.

Too soon!

I know :(

:( :( :(

(Fuck off, discourse)

Can’t forget about Transport Tycoon Deluxe, sunk so many hours into that game even before OpenTTD was a thing.

Theme Hospital is definitely another one for the list. That game just oozes charm and humour.

Also, Titan Quest! Still one of my favourite ARPGs due to the mythological setting that took you through classical Greece, Egypt, China, and finally Hades’ Underworld with the Immortal Throne expansion.

TQ

God, I love TQ. It’s my go to game when I just need to something to do.

Some RPG’s are just awesome. And some are just about building 20 different characters, and actually never playing the damn game!
Twilight 2000 - making Darklands Character Creation seem like a walk in the park. Also, with added useless skills!