Game graphics that give you warm and fuzzy feeling

Matt W hit on what I love. I’m always in awe of beautiful outdoor scenery like he posted

diablo2

fallout2

tfc

zamn

1-4 sums up my youth pretty thoroughly. Wonderful! (-thanks to a fitting aspect ratio/resolution!)

Another game with a color palette and atmosphere that gives me warm and comfy feelings…

I’m tempted to buy and replay it right now. I fear it won’t be holding up…

Shadow Man? I own that but it’s still sitting in my backlog.

Yep. I felt it was very special back then.
(Edit: Yeah, well, watching a bit on YouTube… storywise, for sure, it won’t be holding up :) But it was the graphics, the UI, the color palette and some special tone to it all; looking at some screenshots: warm and fuzzy feelings. [forgot: Beethoven])

Ooh, nice choices. Although what really gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling on the second one is the music!

This still takes me right back to being 10:

amiga-international-karate-plus

c0a53b6_17785-1brtsgn

It takes me right back to being 24, but yeah, great intro :)

We need Qt3 Bestest Bests. I’m still thinking it’s the best shooter of all time. What should I play instead if I’m looking for a shooter where every single enemy has meaning? [just thinking]
I love that intro as well!

I want to like this post so much.

Except for the player starting as Lord Bane, safe in his mountain stronghold.

Oh man, the Unreal intro. I had a PC that I co-bought with my college roommates. I picked up a copy of Unreal because it looked so rad and the game in an orange box with a lambda symbol on it sitting next to it on the shelf of the game store looked pretty lame in comparison. Our PC could run it, barely. So we went out and spent a couple of hundred $$ on a new video card (my first ever GPU upgrade) and holy shit, that volumetric fog, reflective walkways, dynamic lighting and soft shadows. All that stuff wasn’t there before. I sat and watched that castle flyby for like an hour.

The layout of the town is burned into my memory.

and just the act of digging this up again makes me want to go play some M&M.

I did this last year. It didn’t hold up as well as I’d hoped :/