Game Music 2: Beyond Thunderdome

It pained me to vote against FFXIV because it’s so good but, damn, that Stellaris track is just soaring and majestic. Another potential match up: Outcast vs. Stellaris. Ooof.

I adore the brass section in the FF track at 2:03 too.

And very well put.

Looking ahead on the bracket to the next round makes my stomach churn…

Furi, Stellaris, and Sword & Sworcery advance.

No One Lives Forever and Tower of Heaven are TIED! Someone who missed voting on that match, please break the tie by posting your vote here.

Match 13

@Soren_Hoglund: Frozen Synapse - A Functioning God (by Nervous Testpilot)

vs.

@lordkosc: Batman Arkham City - Arkham City Main Theme (Composed by Nick Arundel)

• Frozen Synapse
  • Batman Arkham City

0 voters

Match 14

https://imgur.com/Yn9Byhh
@lordkosc: Offworld Trading Company - Red Planet Nocturne (Composed by Christopher Tin)

vs.

@NuclearWinter: Super R-Type - Solo Sortie ()

• Offworld Trading Company
  • Super R-Type

0 voters

While NoLF has that 60’s evocative sound, Tower of Heaven brings back the best of the Mega Man sound for me.

So that’s my vote, Tower of Heaven

I still voted for Deus Ex. It just speaks to me more…

First time I’ve heard the Arkham City theme and I really enjoyed it. I was torn but the Frozen Synapse soundtrack has such a distinctive sound.

I love Red Planet Nocturne and Solo Sortie but as noted previously – and it’s a minor ding – the OTC
theme is a little too similar to Nils Frahm’s Familiar and I really love the distinct stages of Solo Sortie and its, er, solos.

Sorry kosc!

I’m here for you, Komrad of South California!

Alas, I return to ignominious defeat. But is it really so ignominious–is it even defeat–if @ArmandoPenblade almost voted for it over his own entry? Because that sounds like winning to me.

(Just, you know, not quite the sort of soaring, majestic winning that Stellaris richly deserved.)

Frozen Synapse and Offworld Trading Company advance, as does Tower of Heaven thanks to @craigm’s tiebreaker.

Match 15

@PlayingWithKnives: Jets n Guns - Flight of the Toyota (by Machinae Supremacy)

vs.

@Otagan: Freedom Fighters - Main Theme (by Jesper Kyd)

• Jets n Guns

• Freedom Fighters

0 voters

Match 16

@soondifferent: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Icarus (Composed by Michael McCann)

vs.

@anonymgeist: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - The Partisan (Originally by Emmanuel d’Astier and Anna Marly. Covered by Mick Gordon and Tex Perkins for the game.)

• Deus Ex: Human Revolution

• Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

0 voters

16 was tough, but the midpoint drive of the Wolfenstein track sold me on it.

Freedom Fighters and Deus Ex advance! That’s the end of the round of 32 – just 16 tracks remain. You can see the current bracket here: https://challonge.com/9cvfe0n0

Match 17

@Papageno: Nex Machina - Dark Shivers ()

vs.

@SadleyBradley: Nier: Automata - Memories of Dust (Medium and Dynamic) (Composed by Keiichi Okabe and Keigo Hoashi.)

• Nex Machina

• NieR: Automata

0 voters

Match 18

@geggis: Super Hexagon - Focus (By Niamh Houston aka Chipzel)

vs.

@Vesper: Hollow Knight - Greenpath ()

• Super Hexagon

• NieR: Automata

0 voters

edit: Closed due to my dumbassitude. Please see the new poll a couple posts down.

there are problems in the second match up.

Thanks.

Yeah match 18, the NieR voting option should be Hollow Knight!

Ah, thanks. I’m apparently lost today. I had removed the Super Mario Bros. 2 boxart from the match, but overlooked that one. I’ve closed the poll and recreated it here:

• Hollow Knight
  • Super Hexagon
0 voters

@JonRowe, @ArmandoPenblade, @NuclearWinter, @lordkosc, please re-vote on the new poll.

Going to leave yesterday’s matches open an extra day because I screwed up the poll. But here are today’s:

Match 19

@geggis: Cuphead - Aviary Action (Composed by Kristofer Maddigan)

vs.

@Gordon_Cameron: Outcast - Shamazaar Theme (World of Temples) (Composed by Lennie Moore; performed by Moscow Symphony Orchestra and choir)

• Cuphead

• Outcast

0 voters

Match 20

@Nightgaunt: VVVVVV - Pressure Cooker (Composed by SoulEye)

vs.

@CraigM: Final Fantasy VI - Terra’s Theme (Nobuo Uematsu)

• VVVVVV

• Final Fantasy VI

0 voters