Gamedle: like Wordle but with games instead of words

Had that exact same issue, and I think it’s BS!

#GuessTheGame #389

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬜ ⬜

#GuessTheGame #389

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥

Complete fail, never heard of it.

#GuessTheGame #389

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥

Ditto!

#GuessTheGame #389

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥

I don’t think I even heard of that one.

#GuessTheGame #388

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥

I figured out the series on frame 5, but I’ve never played or paid attention to any of them so had no way of parsing out which iteration it was.

#GuessTheGame #389

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥

I have only the thinnest recollection of the first game in the series - I recall seeing ads for it. I didn’t even know it got a sequel.

Oh wow, I’m shocked no one knows this series. There were four of these games! I think the series never got better than the first one, but it’s a classic on the PS2!

Not shocked that it was hard to guess, though, just because there were a lot of games with similar stylization in that era. This happens to be the one I know the best, so it’s where I started and I was kind of stunned to get it in 2.

#GuessTheGame #390

🎮 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

Well now.

Nice!

#GuessTheGame #390

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

Stupidly guessed its sequel on frame 2.

I went: “2, skip, surely it can’t be 1 again??”. I specifically guessed 2 because we’d already had 1, or so I thought! I think I just guess it for everything, much how I guess Grand Theft Auto 3 or 4 for anything involving a city, or Far Cry x for anything involving a desert island. I’m occasionally correct

I tried the sequel on the first frame, and got it right on the second.

#GuessTheGame #390

🎮 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

Got it right but it was absolutely out of luck. Horror games are not my thing at all, so I never played that.

Played way too much of that series not to get it. That first game is so weird and messed up

#GuessTheGame #390

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬜ ⬜

Got it on frame 3 despite never having played the original. Oddly, it didn’t give me credit for it though, so I ended up with a loss since I couldn’t figure out what it could be if it wasn’t this.

#GuessTheGame #391

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬜ ⬜

Kicking myself now that I didn’t work it out on #3!

#GuessTheGame #391

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

#1: Oh, it’s a source engine game. Err Stanley parable?

#2 Oh, we’ve had HL2 and Portal before, so it can’t be those. Maybe it’s not source engine game??

#3 DAMMIT

#GuessTheGame #391

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬜ ⬜

I had pretty much the same train of thought

1. oh that looks Half-Life-y, but too high fidelity…
  2. Okay, it is HL2? Huh!
  3. wait what
  4. oh right, there was the VR one!

#GuessTheGame #391

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬜

Same basic train of thought as everyone else but seriously - a VR-only game? Fuck that.

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬜

❌A Way Out, ❌Half-Life 2, ❌Doom Eternal, ❌Doom, ✅Half-Life: Alyx
The gnome statue threw me off,. I got it confused with the little collectables in Doom Eternal - even though I now remember those were little Doom guys.