#gamersgate

I think your post speaks for itself, Malcom.

I am not trying to “wreck” anything. If you truly believe what you write is reasonable, then why hide it? Just close the site to new accounts for the time being if you’re worried about the “shitty, deluded #gamergate followers”.

Wow, I see what you mean right above Brad.

Yeah, you’re right, Brad Wardell is the victim in this. If only the SJWs hadn’t hypnotized him into starting shit on Twitter this morning none of this would have happened!

I have no dog in this fight but I believe this to be quite on target. It seems to me that BF is its own pocket echo chamber and their comments about Mr. Wardell, while generally negative, have no impact upon him whatsoever. His attempt to incite a mob against not only the forum but the forum owner is both cowardly and loutish.

I’m running out of sighs for this issue.

Just because Brad is not a victim doesn’t mean that elevating to attacks is ok. Step it back a few notches. Because a few of you have crossed the line.

Disagree with Brad all you want, I knows I do, but keep it civil. Even if he doesn’t, be the better person. Knock it off.

But, but, he just can’t let those mean SJW’s go unchallenged! Something must be done!

Ugh. Am I the only one that sees the term ‘SJW’ used as some sort of a pejorative and I just immediately write off everything they have to say?

SJW is a pejorative. It originally was never meant as a compliment and it was always used by people to disparage those that voice concern over social issues.

Of course as this issue has spread, SJW has started to be used by people that either didn’t realize it was meant to be an insult, or by people that want to “take it back” from opponents.

Wait a minute. Malcolm Tucker?

Named after this Malcolm Tucker? :)

For that to be a reasonable argument, Brad, both sides need to be composited only of rational adults who can sit down and talk bout things in a fair and reasonable manner.

I have no arguments with your (implicit) assertion that BF’s entire populace does not fit that bill. Do you have any problem with my assertion that gamergate’s entire populace also does not fit that bill?

Assuming we both come to his mutual agreement that not all actors are 100% rational and reasonable people, what, pray tell, do you think is going to happen when the two sides collide?

It’s all well and good to purport a desire for others to be the adults in the room when dealing with these matters. However, it’s probably only honest if you act like an adult to begin with. Instead, you’ve effectively stepped up and said “Look, I’m not saying she did, but Johnny, I heard Susie called you a bad name on the playground. Maybe you should go ask her about it!”

That’s neither intellectually honest nor particularly sporting. And it’s certainly beneath you if you’re trying to pretend to be the adult in the room.

Bumped & quoted for truth. I hereby promise to post no more on this topic.

<peeks into thread to see what’s going on>

Eeep!

<hastily shuts door on his way out>

#gamergate is a blatant, intentional harassment campaign masquerading as a fight for “ethics” and “integrity”.

It started as a harassment campaign, it’s still today a harassment campaign, and some people have unfortunately become deluded enough that they think that they can repurpose to for a fight about “ethics” and “integrity”.

That’s really all there is to it.

In greater detail, if you still need it:

-gamergate tried to claim that Zoe Quinn slept around for coverage favors. But that was debunked
-gamergate tried to claim that others were doing the same thing. No evidence backed up the assertion
-Nathan Grayson is the journalist accused of this unethical behavior. He never actually wrote the articles he was accused of writing
-Zoe Quinn was accused of doxxing herself. No evidence backed it up.
-Anita Sarkeesian was accused of doxxing herself. No evidence backed it up.
-Zoe Quinn was accused of faking death, rape, and other threats. Further investigation confirmed the threats were real, by the police
-Anita Sarkeesian was accused of faking similar threats. The FBI confirmed the threats were real, currently under investigation
-There is a mailing list in which games writers talk to each other. This fact was presented as inherently controversial, even though it’s not

So, since gamergate started out as a blatant harassment campaign, it’s only consistent direction has been harassment. The excuses piled on top of the harassment have been quickly shifting goalposts, trying to justify the harassment under a guise of “ethics” and “integrity”. None of the accusations have stuck because none of them are valid.

Ahh! P&R finally!

OMG, there was some moderatin’ done on QT3!

Wow, I’ve always seen it with an S, which always made me wonder what the fuck they were selling on there to cause all of this.

My first interactions on that other forum were unpleasant. I do not believe I will return.

What did you expect? You made your first and only posts in one of the most contentious threads on the site, and then asked a passive-aggressive question about whether they ever post about actual games.

Also, he got one sarcastic response and one genuine one. OH NOES

I was not referring to any reactions to my posts. I was referring to the way the members there were attacking each other like rabid dogs and throwing around wild accusations about each other. I am sure there are some fine people there and perhaps I just happened to catch them on a bad day but it does not seem like a place that would be worthwhile to visit. I kindly asked their moderator to please delete my account.