Games Journalism 2018: We're taking it back!

Gaslighting is taking an extreme position so that you can take a posture to the reaction to (hopefully) make yourself look good. As in “anyone who objects to pretending that female soldiers fought on the western front of WW2 and were just as effective as the male soldiers is a misogynist because that’s the only sort of person who would have a problem with this.” Provocateurs provoke.

Or they want the mantle of wisdom and authority to judge others without earning it. Only one writer was Hemmingway, and he’s gone now.

Didn’t we have another thread for this? For BF5 and the controversy?

The internet is not a very good place to talk about feminism, and even worse to mix feminism and videogames. I feel we all would be friends talking about this in a bar, with a beer, but on the internet this talk end in ugly fights.

I would be happy if we never talk this stuff ever again, but I understand it can be a thing that is worth talking about. Sometimes I feel like talking about it, then my best part stop me :D

Well, I wouldn’t.

Because I don’t drink alcohol. I’d gladly join you with a glass of water or soda or juice or whatever, though. ;)

In the video, he literally says “it’s these displays of cuntiness” about the people arguing the other side of his argument. Note that the people he’s singling out and calling that wouldn’t be posting at all if it wasn’t for the people arguing that women don’t belong in BF5, which you’ve now referred to as “strawmen”.

But sure, I’m gaslighting. Because up is down and whatever you think is correct.

That’s not an option. The stay the course is simply not okay. Games have been made for white males and white males only since forever. Now that we’re seeing some shift or just include others, some of these men are just flipping their shit, and loudly.

Manbabies are so lame.

The female equivalent is also lame, but also 100% less present at the moment.

Also, gotta love the youtubers.

“equality is great an all, but WON’t SOMEBODY THINK OF THE MEN!?!?”

Well those youtubers are made of straw so I think they may actually be a protected class.

WON’T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE STRAW MEN?

Don’t forget the rending of garments and gnashing of teeth over the Battletech gender choices.

I wonder if people who are made of straw are itchy all the time?

I know this is what you are saying but I don’t think there is a female equivalent. Again in my view the “man baby” insult is generally a man on man one. It is used when someone is seen as breaking the historical norm of politeness and respect to women that has been around for ages. It used to be called being a gentleman.

Another way of saying it is, in this very narrow case, its not about feminism at all. Its about how men regard men. So I guess for any baffled women as to why this insult hits a nerve, well its a man thing. While there has been a very public debate about feminism, there is also a quieter discussion about what it means to be a man and masculinity. This insult orbits that discussion.

I should note my rosy portrayal of the “traditional gentleman” is only rosy because of the very narrow case here. I am well aware of the patronising and paternal aspects as well.

I checked out a few of the YouTube videos about this topic. It really made me want to vomit. The comments were worse.

Just remember that this is fake manufactured outrage that doesn’t really exist that is just to get SJW’s to buy copies of these games because they are sheep who believe the SJW media. /s

I still think SJW is a brilliant insult. I would love it if I got called that. Its just so bad ass.

A warrior for social justice. Who DOESN’T want to be that?

Resist the urge. I know it’s hard to ignore, but just let the baby cry it out. Otherwise it’ll never learn to self-comfort.

I found this cool video on the internet.

Since the next Assasin Creed will be set in Sparta, it will be interesting to learn about their culture a bit more. Also to my surprise, the Sparta society was like a machine creating very powerful womens!.

I am also a manbaby and I have no problem with that. Fight me!.

If someone is attacking manbabies, and you take offense to that, it means that you’re instinctively self-identifying as a manbaby, so I dunno maybe I don’t care what you think?