Games No Longer Being Sold (Digitally)

In that case, Warlords III: Darklords Rising. A great turn-based stack-of-doom-builder strategy game from the late 90s. I think the primary reason it hasn’t been made available on a site like GOG is that nobody could figure out how to (easily) get it running on modern windows reliably, or with sound.

All the likes! Love that game!

That list is enough to make a grown man cry. Or at least this man. :(

If Battle for Middle Earth II was still online… I’d still be playing it. Loved that game.

OMG Right?! How does GOG have fucking STARFLEET Academy, and not Klingon Academy? The mind boggles.

Did that disappear recently? I feel like I bought it on Steam not that long ago.

Been gone for good few years now, sadly. Mafia 2 is available though.

in addition to sega rally and outrun, theres Richard Burns Rally, completing the trifecta of excellent, unpurchaseable racing games.

DiRT 1 was a great game in its own right but it had the awful StarForce DRM. I can’t install my disk copy anymore and don’t have a physical drive anymore so I have to hunt down an ISO.

Star Trek: Elite Force II. This is a first person shooter created with the Quake III engine. This is also the very best thing to come from Voyager’s entire existence (well, this and Seven of Nine).

The story involves a mix of elements from Voyager and TNG, and mostly revolves around Borg, Romulans, and Klingons. Voice actors include Patrick Stewart, Jeffery Combs as a primary villain (the actor behind DS9’s beloved Weyoun, playing a different role here), Dwight Shultz (A-Team, TNG’s Barclay), Tim Russ (Tuvok), and the guy behind DS9’s Martok.

Typically, shooters don’t hold up too well, but Quake III based games do fine, I tell you!

This game seemed to drop off the map shortly after release, but happened to rank amongst my favorite shooters from the early 2000s, and certainly my favorite Star Trek game thus far.

i loved the first elite force as well!

Hmm. Works fine for me. I’ve never had a problem with it.

Wow, that’s a shame that DiRT is no longer available. I just checked, and the Steam Community page is still up, and people add videos and other things. And I can still re-download it. Phew.

I remember hearing the news about de-listing Sega Rally Revo. It was a decent game. I hadn’t heard Wolverine Xmen Origins was gone too. I do still own that. I was wondering the other day if I should purge that from my backlog or not.

Really? Well thats cool. Hmm I will take another look. When I tested it last year it just failed every time at startup.

Warhammer: Mark of Chaos

is Rise of Legends available digitally anywhere?

I don’t think Wolverine was ever available digitally though unfortunately.

I don’t think it is, and I also don’t think you can get the patched version anywhere either. It’s so damn frustrating. My son is off to college and we never got to play it when I bought it a few years ago when he got his first laptop. It was all broken without the patches. :(

i stored the offline patches in my hoarding days and think my iso-ed (captured with daemon tools to keep the copy protection info) disc files still work.

Yeah, I think I have a backup of the patched installed files somewhere. But the game does have a few graphical glitches in modern systems, alas.