Games No Longer Being Sold (Digitally)

this will have to be my weekend project to get many of these working again on win10.

I just downloaded and tested The Movies again. Your post got me thinking it might be fun to play on a plane trip Sunday. It runs just fine. When you quit it, you get an “app unexpectedly quit” notification, but that doesn’t seem to affect it otherwise. This is on Sierra with a new MBP.

Way to bring the room down. :(

And even though EA has long since killed the servers, as is their wont, one of the Battles for Middle Earth had a totally bitchin’ dynamic campaign that would have made in a very long-legged single-player game.

-Tom

Nyaaaah. Battle for Middle Earth II and the Witch King expansion had me in single-player joy for months. :(

Jane’s F-15. Please, please, please!

It’s a cryin’ shame that Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game was delisted from PSN and XBox Live. It’s a licensing thing; apparently something expired with the chiptune music from the 8-bit band Anamanaguchi. Or maybe it was the perfectly appropriate 8-or-16-bit-inspired art from artist Paul Robertson. Or perhaps the concept, a bouillabaisse boiled and cooked up from classic beat-'em-up games like Double Dragon, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Final Fight, and River City Ransom, sprinkled with references to Super Mario Brothers 3 and a dozen other legends, stepped on someone’s patents. As an adaptation of both a comic book and the movie version of the comic book, it stood on its own merits and brought out textures and themes from its source materials. (There’s even an Edgar Wright cameo.) It pandered to my childhood interests looking back from the perspective of the first decade of the new millennium like one of the better Adult Swim shows, or that Black Kids video.

It was too lovely to survive in the wild. May my PS3’s hard drive never fail.

can’t you redownload it if you have it on your account like itunes? or is that not possible on xbox live?

I don’t know for sure. If I go to the PSN store to try to buy DLC for the game via the ingame menu, there is nothing there. A quick Googling is inconclusive. I’d rather not risk it.

Did X-Men Legends 2 get a digital release at all?

Anything you’ve bought on PSN you can redownload. If you didn’t buy any DLC it would not be available to you.

That’s a relief, thanks!

I want these, please.

We were talking about this game tonight on my Discord server:

Trying to get it to run again is a PAIN on Windows 7. GOG, c’mon, get on it.

I was sure no one but me would mention Outwars, but @Gordon_Cameron beat me to it.
I only ever played it in SP, but man how I loved that game. I even wrote (my first) fan mail (snail-mail) to the devs (Singletrac Studios) in which I praised them and requested a sequel, and received a nice reply (also via snail-mail), which went something like, “probably not”.

The jetpack controls were remarkably intuitive, the settings were huge and beautiful, and I thought the challenge level and pacing was just right. Also, this was one of those games that could be played in either third OR first-person, so I chose first person for the extra immersion. I never actually finished it (got about three-quarters through, maybe more) because of some kind of a bug causing certain areas to render completely black later on. IIRC, it was because of my video card or its drivers; can’t remember which. It was absolutely my favorite game of all time until Thief: The Dark Project came along.

Some gameplay video via Youtube.

F-19 stealth fighter isn’t on GOG but it looks like GMG sells it for $6.99 USD now.

O RLY?

That’s F-117A.

Well, F-19 2.0, if you want to be precise. Is there something special about the first iteration that the second one lacks?

I thought this game went free/open source or something?

F-19 stealth fighter was a wholly different game and it’s a wholly different plane!