Games Not Available Digitally Legally

I used to ask GOG if they ever had a chance to look at this title:

Bloodstone: An Epic Dwarven Tale

They can’t comment on any pursuits, but i kept hoping.

Wow, Mindcraft. Magic Candle days. Deep cut.

Why don’t we just wrap this thread up by stating that every single game ever made should be legally available.

Can, but not until it becomes public domain.

https://www.teachingcopyright.org/handout/public-domain-faq.html

Played the hell out of that game back in the day. Loved the gesture based magic.

I just came here to post that. I think I have it on a hard drive boxed up somewhere in my house, but would love to simply be able to buy it online.

I still have it on floppy, but obviously that has limited use these days.

Never did end up properly playing it, but I was obsessed with it as a kid before we got a computer, to the point where I once called the friend who had it and just stayed on the phone listening to him narrate what he was doing in the game. (No video over the internet back then! Or really much internet, IIRC.)

That was a fantastic game, not quite at Magic Candle levels but really great. I think I still have a copy that was given away for free on an old CGM demo disk.

Blade Runner. That game was really something, and sadly my physical copy is in Spanish.

I’m less worried about earlier DOS-based games since those can easily be pirated (small in size) and run in DOSBox.

My wife played this in a museum exhibit on video games and was really interested. I was sad to see that I couldn’t pick it up.

Starfleet 2: Krellan Commander.

I spent weeks with this game, maybe months. Crashes and all. I think I was playing a later patched version but back then who knew? I so much wanted it to work. I’d pay $5 for it today just to try again.

I only see it on abandonware sites.

You might be verrrrrrry happy soon…ish…

I really liked the AI creature, constantly learning from its environment, and the environment (villagers and tower) evolving based on your actions. The only problem was you didn’t always know what the beast was thinking about when you scolded or rewarded it- the fidelity of the animations, etc. was just not there at the time, so it could be a bit wonky.

But as I said, the UI was a decade or more ahead of its time (emulating a touch interface), and IMO the games’ biggest sin was the whole story structure being shoehorned in- if it had carried on the tradition of Populous or Powermonger and just been a series of loosely-connected levels to conquer it would have been much better.

Yeah. I watched some B13 on youtube and it was a lot better as a memory.
Still an interesting idea though.

I was just going to post about Epic Pinball… those are on gog now :)

So is Jill of the Jungle, and that collection is free.

I pull up the Space Journey table soundtrack from time to time. :)

Yeah, I loved Black & White because of that creature AI. I still do, even though I understand the backlash against the game too. Their campaign just got harder and harder the further in you got, and focused on exactly the wrong parts of the game. But I didn’t mind all that because for once I wasn’t in it for the campaign, I was just in it to see what whacky behavior my creature learned next, and to see if I could make him not do it again.

Hey woah. Thanks for the heads up!

I am stupidly excited about this. It’s still my favorite pinball game.

I’m sure if you go to any brick and mortar store they still have a bunch of boxed copies stuffed somewhere in the back.

I don’t think SimCity 3000 is available to play anywhere.

Good news! https://www.gog.com/game/simcity_3000